M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
A simple portrait of one of my theatre group members. Comments/Critique appreciated.

MayaBnW2.jpg

this pretty like this pic very much :thumbsup:

great composition and detail on her face. Nice Depth of field to draw the attention to her face.

My one little nitpick... is that a strand of fallen hair on her left eye just above the glasses? ;p

oops. yes it is. better run it through PS later. :sweatsm: Thanks for pointing it out.

merkava74 said:
great composition and detail on her face. Nice Depth of field to draw the attention to her face.

My one little nitpick... is that a strand of fallen hair on her left eye just above the glasses? ;p

Yes, I had the same problem. I thought it was something on my screen, but it's in the image.

Other than that, this photo really shows character. :)

A square crop then? Hmm thanks for the suggestion. Crud I really need to start shooting real 6x6 soon.

MayaBnWwall.jpg

I've cropped it into the sq format. Also done some minor retouching. Better? Play spot the difference :bsmilie:

the square format works very well, removing the space on the left side is a good move as it doesn't contribute anything as seen from the first picture.

btw the cloning around the cheek area not that smooth yet :p

like the 1st pic without cropping...gd compo

eikin said:
the square format works very well, removing the space on the left side is a good move as it doesn't contribute anything as seen from the first picture.

btw the cloning around the cheek area not that smooth yet :p

Guess that's what comes from a two-minute job
:bsmilie:

I'll probably clone the area properly before sending it for printing. Are the words on the glasses very distracting though? I have mixed feelings about those.

Stoned said:
Guess that's what comes from a two-minute job
:bsmilie:

I'll probably clone the area properly before sending it for printing. Are the words on the glasses very distracting though? I have mixed feelings about those.

i see i see :bsmilie:

the words on the specs do distract but it's not too major a 'fault' , just kind of a pity that the glasses aren't clear. but you have to remove the words' shadows too if you're cloning them away ;)

eikin said:
but you have to remove the words' shadows too if you're cloning them away ;)

Oh crud, that's a very good point. Thanks for pointing that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.