LZ5 night shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moviezzz

Aug 13, 2006
How can i take good night shots with this cam? they came out horrible without flash.. i had a fuji2800 which took very nice night shots n switched over to this but now i just shoved my LZ5 aside whenever the surroundings r dark. Please share how to overcome this.

How can i take good night shots with this cam? they came out horrible without flash.. i had a fuji2800 which took very nice night shots n switched over to this but now i just shoved my LZ5 aside whenever the surroundings r dark. Please share how to overcome this.
bump up the ISO/use tripod/monopod...

What kind of night shots? Indoor night shots? Scenery night shots?

Most night shots require a tripod...

What kind of night shots? Indoor night shots? Scenery night shots?

Most night shots require a tripod...

both indoor and outdoor.
my indoor shot is very grainy, outdoor is dark. shud i use the scene modes? but they generated weird looking photos. do u guys use flash?

both indoor and outdoor.
my indoor shot is very grainy, outdoor is dark. shud i use the scene modes? but they generated weird looking photos. do u guys use flash?
post some pic... if im not wrong, the indoor shot grains was cause by high ISO, while the underexpose of outdoor scene is cause by high dynamic range, where the sky is much brighter than the surrounding.
to counter the outdoor problem, you might want to increase ur exposure-compensation or meter on the surrounding rather than multi meter on the whole frame... but this will also mean you get a fully white sky most of the time.
for indoor, if possible set the ISO yourselve instead of letting the camera decide. place your camera on a stable ground(tripod/table...etc) since long shutter will have to be used, other than that i don think you can really do anything to it(without flash) unless you change to another cam...

post some pic... if im not wrong, the indoor shot grains was cause by high ISO, while the underexpose of outdoor scene is cause by high dynamic range, where the sky is much brighter than the surrounding.
to counter the outdoor problem, you might want to increase ur exposure-compensation or meter on the surrounding rather than multi meter on the whole frame... but this will also mean you get a fully white sky most of the time.
for indoor, if possible set the ISO yourselve instead of letting the camera decide. place your camera on a stable ground(tripod/table...etc) since long shutter will have to be used, other than that i don think you can really do anything to it(without flash) unless you change to another cam...

yup.. i used 400 iso otherwise i cant see the pictures if i dun use flash.

ok ok.. i'll post again when i got some night shots. i deleted all the night shots cos they gave me a :bheart: when i see them :sweatsm:

btw is exposure compensation those 15sec 30 sec 1min things to capture a picture?

yup.. i used 400 iso otherwise i cant see the pictures if i dun use flash.

ok ok.. i'll post again when i got some night shots. i deleted all the night shots cos they gave me a :bheart: when i see them :sweatsm:

btw is exposure compensation those 15sec 30 sec 1min things to capture a picture?
you might want to try the night scenery mode and make full use of the OIS... since lz5 is a nearly full auto camera, i don think there is any other way to set aperture/shutter unless thru mode scene.

what do you mean by those? :dunno:
15/30/60s is simply shutter exposure... exposure compensation is another thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.