Lytro Is Here !

SilverPine

Jul 8, 2007
Singapore
Interesting, just click at any point of the photo it will instant re-focus.

tomcat

Nov 7, 2003
Visit site
I knew it would be just a novelty thingy but bought one just to play around with anyway. What attracted me was that it could be linked to Facebook and would automatically send whatever photos that you upload to your Lytro Web account to your Facebook account too.
The camera's firmware has also just been updated to allow for Manual operation and user selection of ISO and shutter speed.

giantcanopy

Feb 11, 2007
SG
I wonder if there are other special hardware within that camera so as to make it work its capture? If it is purely a software thing,
will a cleverly written app one day be able to do such captures with smart phones?

I have seen examples online, intriguing but zero buying impulse.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
giantcanopy said:
I wonder if there are other special hardware within that camera so as to make it work its capture? If it is purely a software thing,
will a cleverly written app one day be able to do such captures with smart phones?

It's a complex hardware system. Well documented on dpr though.

ageha

Apr 29, 2011
Earth
www.flickr.com

lol, it's a bit more than that. ;)

Top Bottom