LX7 Discussion and Photos Thread

Yah, I was trying to blur the water. But at f8, iso80 and ND filter button push, still too bright. That is why thinking whether is it f8 is the smallest aperture.

Ya, f8 is smallest.

Yah, I was trying to blur the water. But at f8, iso80 and ND filter button push, still too bright. That is why thinking whether is it f8 is the smallest aperture.

I think that's a similar problem I remember experiencing.. was at the highest f-stop of 8 already, iso relatively low, trying to shoot water flowing effect but due to bright sun the shutter was still very fast and instead get a freeze effect.. no sure if this min stop of f8 is a negative point of a LX7..

I think that's a similar problem I remember experiencing.. was at the highest f-stop of 8 already, iso relatively low, trying to shoot water flowing effect but due to bright sun the shutter was still very fast and instead get a freeze effect.. no sure if this min stop of f8 is a negative point of a LX7..

Iirc, f8 is smallest for olympus xz1, similar category but doesn't have nd built in, which is a plus. Any smaller aperture might impose diffraction and reduce the IQ a lot, perhaps the reason for restricting to F8?

Usually f8, that is why there is the built in nd. If need to slow down further, need to find alternatives like nd filter to put on DMC-LX7 | PRODUCTS | LUMIX | Digital Camera | Panasonic Global

Ya, if need stop further, just use more ND or wait for light to diminish...

Got a set from amazon as well.
Is it a good choice to purchase a "OEM" battery charger with EU plug from ebay for convenience or is it better to stick with using the original charger with travel adapter?
Also, is auto lens cap a must?
Please advise. :)

the oem autocap makes the camera look ugly.. that's my thought.. I has one end up never use because I can't accept the look.. ha

I use the adapter + filter instead.. adapter is original comes with 37mm cap.. filter is Hoya.. but do take note that such combi causes shadow of the zoom barrel when shooting with built in flash at widest angle.. even with just tw adapter also..!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the LX-7. I am thinking of getting one myself. Have you shot in RAW?

Sorry bro, was away for 2 weeks. Unfortunately, i always shoot in jpg for convenience sake.

nice, i bought the white one from amazon, received it yesterday.
do you know where we can buy the leather case protector in Singapore or hve to go amazon again ?

was thinking of buying this set from amazon - auto lens cap + lcd protector and clean wipe
Amazon.com: Auto Lens Cap for PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-LX7 + LCD Screen Protector + MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloth: Camera & Photo
or
Amazon.com: EzFoto Auto Open Close Self-Retaining Lens Cap & Glass optical LCD Screen protector for Panasonic Lumix DMC LX-7 Leica D-LUX 6: Camera & Photo

I also bought the auto cap~

Last edited:
you bought jjc brand? shouldn't have the problem leh..

Is it more advisable to buy those half case or buy a normal camera pouch for the lx7 so that I can pack spare batteries and memory cards with it?

It will be just great if LX7 is a little less bulkier...... the whole camera feels abit big compared to Canon S110 and Sony RX100

Is it more advisable to buy those half case or buy a normal camera pouch for the lx7 so that I can pack spare batteries and memory cards with it?

The half case is purely for cosmetic purpose. Looks nice on you only.

you bought jjc brand? shouldn't have the problem leh..

Should be leh. I go home see again. You need to remove the front piece of metal at the front in order to install the auto lens cap right?

Hi which is better a LX7 or a Ricoh GRD IV.

Hi which is better a LX7 or a Ricoh GRD IV.

Major differences
LX7 - 3.8 x zoom, effective 24-90mm, F1.4-2.3, Full HD video
GRD - 28mm f1.9, VGA video

Apart from that, grd has snap focus and street shooters swear by it. Ergonomics GRD IV tops it. For day to day, LX7 is more user friendly with the zoom. GRD IV being fixed, thus "force" or even train one to go around shooting in that focal length, I believe would improve one's photography, certainly not everyone's cup of tea. I would think GRD IV image would be better than LX7. Think of prime vs zoom.

thanks for the advice ;)

I too was surprised initially why only F8 but for such a small sensor, i think its fair... haven't tried the ND functions though

17733_10151290415664035_1977252065_n.jpg

I too was surprised initially why only F8 but for such a small sensor, i think its fair... haven't tried the ND functions though

17733_10151290415664035_1977252065_n.jpg

where are your hands, bro:bigeyes:

where can i find the best lx7 deal in singapore? :)