LX5 Retail Price as of 12 Jan 2011

muvouser

Oct 2, 2006
I checked today and was quoted $637 by SLR-R.

Strangely, used LX5 seems to sell higher than BNIB as seen in the buy/sell thread here!

yea.. i notice the price drop in papers today too.. $50 bucks.. and pple in b/s section still selling above Brand new set.. duh... guess they haven realise the drop yet..

Problem is, Panasonic Singapore continues to advertise LX5's RRP as $799, now $749, when in actual fact it can be bought for $680 and now $630. As such, some buyers who do not research properly would think that $650 for a used & scratched LX5 is worth a savings of $150! Then there is this buyer who is selling his for $700 simply cos he got the Xmas promo leather case! Unless there is a good savings, it is too risky to buy a used LX5 because electronics can go wrong very unpredictably. Ever wonder why someone would want to sell off his LX5 so quickly? Did he drop it? Is there an intermittent fault that comes on once in a while and likely to be 'incurable'? For a savings of $30, I would suggest buying new. Nothing beats that feeling of unwrapping a new toy anyway. That is my personal opinion.

Last edited:
Feeling of unwrapping a new toy? But usually its the salesman who unwrap for you leh.

Does anybody here insist on opening a new box themselves only at the shop?

Problem is, Panasonic Singapore continues to advertise LX5's RRP as $799, now $749, when in actual fact it can be bought for $680 and now $630. As such, some buyers who do not research properly would think that $650 for a used & scratched LX5 is worth a savings of $150! Then there is this buyer who is selling his for $700 simply cos he got the Xmas promo leather case! Unless there is a good savings, it is too risky to buy a used LX5 because electronics can go wrong very unpredictably. Ever wonder why someone would want to sell off his LX5 so quickly? Did he drop it? Is there an intermittent fault that comes on once in a while and likely to be 'incurable'? For a savings of $30, I would suggest buying new. Nothing beats that feeling of unwrapping a new toy anyway. That is my personal opinion.

I checked today and was quoted $637 by SLR-R.

Strangely, used LX5 seems to sell higher than BNIB as seen in the buy/sell thread here!

Hi where is SLR-R? need to buy one asap. Thx... any contact for the shop?

SLR Revolution at Funan Centre level 4

Tel: 63368767

Hi where is SLR-R? need to buy one asap. Thx... any contact for the shop?

Feeling of unwrapping a new toy? But usually its the salesman who unwrap for you leh.

You paid for it but you prefer to watch? I prefer to do it myself! Haha.
By the way, be careful. Some salesmen open the box BELOW! So from top, you think it is a new set but actually it is a display set or . .
So for me, I want to inspect the box. If the shop does not allow me to do so, I will take my money elsewhere. Not being 'cat' but "beh song" kena cheat! :)

Most shops at Funan are selling at this price.

I went down to Funan yesterday to buy LX5... first i came across TK Foto and its selling @ $639 c/w 8GB card, casing and screen protector... as the shop is full of pple, no chance to ask abt the cam and left the shop.... went to SLR-R and their price is $637 c/w 8GB card and casing... an uncle attended to me but after a few questions, the uncle called out a young chap to serve me... maybe the uncle felt tat i'm a housefly and just asked for fun w/o any intention to buy... i tried my luck and asked if they would throw in a screen protector for free... but the young chap said tat will cost $2... so basically, TK Foto price is the same as SLR-R vis-a-vis all items included.

As any paying customer will do, i asked to test the cam... but he said the shop dun allow testing... i was like "huh?"... i asked him if i dun test it, how i know if it is good or not... he replied tat normally pple go internet and see then the customers know which one they wan before they come to their shop already... :sweat: i also asked wat can i pay with... he said cash $637, nets add 1.2%, cc add 2. something percent... cant rem the exact percent...

i thx him and proceed to TK Foto and boy am i glad tat i went to this shop... the person who served me is very helpful... he allowed me to test the displayed cam and even showed me how to use some of the common useful functions... he used a small shoe box to show me tat the cam can still take good details in low light and also the marco function w/ and w/o AI... when i told him tat another shop i went dun allow testing... he said this cam is ok for testing, but not those DSLR which cost $1k+ and above as customer will be very particular tat they only wan to buy brand-new one and their shop wont have the budget to set aside displayed cam... tat sounds reasonable to me... his enthusiasm to sell and helpfulness really made the difference to me... and moreover, the shop allow u to pay in nets or cc w/o extra charge.. so i gladly paid for it with cc and bought another auto lens cover for $25. i also asked him to apply the screen protector for me and he gladly obliged...now i can proceed to buy gift wrapping papers and box it up to give to my wife as her bd present... :lovegrin:

btw, the guy's at TK Foto is Arkady, a young guy wearing specs... i feel good service should be promoted as he truly deserved it... :)

Last edited:
Bought my at TK Foto yesterday.

The service are good indeed.

I went down to Funan yesterday to buy LX5... first i came across TK Foto and its selling @ $639 c/w 8GB card, casing and screen protector... as the shop is full of pple, no chance to ask abt the cam and left the shop.... went to SLR-R and their price is $637 c/w 8GB card and casing... an uncle attended to me but after a few questions, the uncle called out a young chap to serve me... maybe the uncle felt tat i'm a housefly and just asked for fun w/o any intention to buy... i tried my luck and asked if they would throw in a screen protector for free... but the young chap said tat will cost $2... so basically, TK Foto price is the same as SLR-R vis-a-vis all items included.

As any paying customer will do, i asked to test the cam... but he said the shop dun allow testing... i was like "huh?"... i asked him if i dun test it, how i know if it is good or not... he replied tat normally pple go internet and see then the customers know which one they wan before they come to their shop already... :sweat: i also asked wat can i pay with... he said cash $637, nets add 1.2%, cc add 2. something percent... cant rem the exact percent...

i thx him and proceed to TK Foto and boy am i glad tat i went to this shop... the person who served me is very helpful... he allowed me to test the displayed cam and even showed me how to use some of the common useful functions... he used a small shoe box to show me tat the cam can still take good details in low light and also the marco function w/ and w/o AI... when i told him tat another shop i went dun allow testing... he said this cam is ok for testing, but not those DSLR which cost $1k+ and above as customer will be very particular tat they only wan to buy brand-new one and their shop wont have the budget to set aside displayed cam... tat sounds reasonable to me... his enthusiasm to sell and helpfulness really made the difference to me... and moreover, the shop allow u to pay in nets or cc w/o extra charge.. so i gladly paid for it with cc and bought another auto lens cover for $25. i also asked him to apply the screen protector for me and he gladly obliged...now i can proceed to buy gift wrapping papers and box it up to give to my wife as her bd present... :lovegrin:

btw, the guy's at TK Foto is Arkady, a young guy wearing specs... i feel good service should be promoted as he truly deserved it... :)

Tks for this, I for one also appreciate good service <-which imho is somewhat underrated.

I actually have decided on a LX5 but still have not bought it but now I think the LX5 price might be under pressure soon when the Olympus XZ-1 is released! If the XZ-1 is about $700 I would buy that unless LX5 drops below $600. Well, I can hope. :) But if that happens, I will be torn between which to buy! Hmm . . " The longer you wait, the more undecided you become! "

for me i think doesnt matter if the salesman open it up becos when i open it up at home its still new to me haha. what i think la.

May I know whether the sets at TK and SLR-R are export sets or with agent warranty? Thanks

luckily i came here to double check ... HN is quoting 699 and that's their special price

btw, is there white color at funan shops? any noes ? thnks

The lx5 I bought at tk is white color and it's agent warranty, not export set

I actually have decided on a LX5 but still have not bought it but now I think the LX5 price might be under pressure soon when the Olympus XZ-1 is released! If the XZ-1 is about $700 I would buy that unless LX5 drops below $600. Well, I can hope. :) But if that happens, I will be torn between which to buy! Hmm . . " The longer you wait, the more undecided you become! "

Congrats! LX5 price has just drop below $600! $599(body only/no freebies).

I just bought a black LX5 today! I paid $636 cash & it comes with:
1) 8G C6 SD Card
2) Lumix LX5 case
3) LX5 leather case worth $149
4) Garskin Redemption Card
5) Travel Kit

I just bought a black LX5 today! I paid $636 cash & it comes with:
1) 8G C6 SD Card
2) Lumix LX5 case
3) LX5 leather case worth $149
4) Garskin Redemption Card
5) Travel Kit

Where? :D

just wonder. what kind of mini tripod they give.
and also cleaning kit?