LX5 - Availability in Singapore & elsewhere

sircam

May 21, 2007
I'm really interested in buying the LX5 as soon as it comes out. There must be many others like me... so I am creating this thread to serve as a single point of information.

Please post here news you obtain about where and when the LX5 will be available in Singapore and elsewhere - along with price and accompanying freebies.

Hopefully this collected information will help many of us compare competing offers and make well informed decisions as a result.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Learnt from one local shop owner that LX5 will be available in Singapore in the second half of August - probably at a retail price of SGD $699. Not sure as yet whether this price has GST included or if any freebies are included. He said the local agent has yet to provide the exact details in this regard.

As and when I get updated information, I will post here.

Learnt from one local shop owner that LX5 will be available in Singapore in the second half of August - probably at a retail price of SGD $699. Not sure as yet whether this price has GST included or if any freebies are included. He said the local agent has yet to provide the exact details in this regard.

As and when I get updated information, I will post here.

$699!! ... hmm...
almost the same price as LX3

*sets up tent*

that price is not too far off from US's RRP :D

499 U.S. dollars = 674.947282 Singapore dollars

How about you folks start to speculate what kind of accessories and freebies you wish will be tagged along with it?

I'd really appreciate a second OEM battery but that would be wishful thinking since the LX3 has a new battery containing that silly Secure-ID authentication chip. But I'm sure that sooner or later some OEM will provide us with OEM batteries for the LX5 which will have the compatible Secure-ID authentication chip. I would appreciate a nice leather camera case too... if possible!

The LX 5 will be a much awaited replacement to the LX 3! Still waiting for it to arrive!

Actually with such proliferation of accessories and cameras, what do you folks think will make this a hit, or attract folks to get the LX5?

For me, simple, just the white colour :D

I have a lx3, and not intending to upgrade to a lx5. doesn't make any economic sense. but to those who haven't had an lx3, this will be the camera to look out for!

Release Date of LX5 in Japan is on August 20~

I've been waiting for this ever since I resisted the launch of Canon S90, preferring to wait for the next reincarnation of LX3 and following up on rumours of a LX4. :sweat:

So is here at last!!! The white looks gorgeous!!! :thumbsup:

Please an underwater housing.. please please please...

i was "Forced" to get an S90 because LX3 doesnt' have... (cheap one that is)

$699? wow, really a pretty good deal for a new launch considering the LX3 still sells above $600 after so long

Anyone else have any current info about LX5 availability in Singapore? I just got off the phone with my favorite camera gear shop and was informed that the local Panasonic agent has still not divulged the date when he will supply the LX5 to local shops here in Singapore.