LX3 vs TZ7

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny_chill

Feb 11, 2004
Hi, considering between the two cameras. Other than the difference in zoom, please advise what other differences are there, and which one captures more true to life pictures? Thanks.

Hi, considering between the two cameras. Other than the difference in zoom, please advise what other differences are there, and which one captures more true to life pictures? Thanks.

I think "true to life" pictures highly depends on the photographER ;)
Had seen shots from friends who owns dSLR but shots are like taken with low end compact :embrass:

TZ7 has got this HD Video with zoom capability that LX3 doesn't have. I believe picture from LX3 can be better than TZ7. I bought TZ7 for its video performance and I'm impressed with the picture quality comparing to my Sony W Series.

I may end up just having the TZ7 for my next overseas trip.

Regards

How much did you pay for the TZ-7? thanks

My choice is LX3.
LX3 has HD video too, just not using AVCHD codec.
Brighter lens makes better video at night too.

Buy TZ7 for videos. LX3 for photos.

Have tested on Tz 7 and personal own a Lx3

This is my personal review. Tz 7 does not have much control unlike Lx3. It lack of Long Exposure setting, Manual function and Manual focus setting.
It does not have the ability to mount external flash. Tz7 is good on video recording compare to LX3. LX3 recording really lost out to Tz7. BUT, Tz7 zoom while recording,
does not allow user to focus. Meaning, u can zoom in and out but it will not "automatic" be clear

Size, Tz7 easy to bring around cos there is no protruding lens like Lx3. Small and light weight but the build not as good as LX3

Conclusion: Depend on ur need. If you want to just take average photo but want that extra HD recording, then got for TZ7 (cheaper than LX3)
If you usually shoot natural .. then best got for Lx3, missing the Zoom while recording still acceptable.

BUT, Tz7 zoom while recording,
does not allow user to focus. Meaning, u can zoom in and out but it will not "automatic" be clear

Actually the TZ7 will automatically focus while you zoom in and out while recording.

I bought the TZ7 for its compactness and zoom range, not so much for the HD video but I have to say the HD video is very good. Picture quality is so-so with noise and artifacts. So get an LX3 or something else if image quality is important to you.

IS it ? it auto focus itself ? any setting set at the menu page? cos my frz one does not seem to auto focus. Or maybe it is slow in auto focus .. :p

IS it ? it auto focus itself ? any setting set at the menu page? cos my frz one does not seem to auto focus. Or maybe it is slow in auto focus .. :p

In the MENU for MOTION PICTURE set Continuous AF to ON.

Cool. Will replay info to my frz. TQ

Coz I still need a PnS during my travels. Ask yourself one question, how often you pass your dslr to a passerby to take your pictures? :think:

i probably wont too.. afraid that he will either take and run, or mis-handled my precious dslr..

Status
Not open for further replies.