LX3 - Some Q to ask

chyang04

Jun 14, 2010
Hi there...

I'm from Malaysia, Penang.
I'm a new LX3 user & totally noob about camera theoretical.
I found that here forum still very active about LX3 compare to others. Hopefully i can get some answers at here.

1. For LX3 adaptor, it is better to buy original 46mm or 3rd party 52mm? Which model price more cheap? (I found that 52mm much cheaper than 46mm, it is correct?)

2. Which filter more compatible or easy to find when using 46 or 52mm adpator?

3. My wife & me like to shoot macro, so what lens is suitable for LX3? Any recommendation?

Thanks
BeH :cool:

Hi, not sure if I am able to answer all your questions but I will try my best. I never mean to advertise any shop but only recommend some shop online and in Singapore which you can try your luck

1. For LX3 adaptor, it is better to buy original 46mm or 3rd party 52mm? Which model price more cheap? (I found that 52mm much cheaper than 46mm, it is correct?)
It is difficult to say which one is better. It all depends on the lens you have. If you have not get any lens yet go for 52mm, usually more lenses are in 52mm diameter. So I recommend you to get 52mm adapter as it will be easier to look for lenses and filters.
I am not sure which is cheaper. But you can try ebay to get one whole bundle set (the lens together with the adapter) If your budget allow, you can get one whole set with teleconverter, wide angle and fish eyes lens bundle set.

I never try out every brand. Only ever purchased adapter and lense brand : Panda Base.
You can have a look at their website
http://panda-base.com/index.html

2. Which filter more compatible or easy to find when using 46 or 52mm adpator?
For 52mm there should not be any problem as I can easily find 52mm filter in many local camera shops in singapore.
What you might need to think is which type of filter you need, UV filter, polarized filter...

3. My wife & me like to shoot macro, so what lens is suitable for LX3? Any recommendation?
I would recommend Raynox lens but sorry I cannot remember the model for it. You can always contact the person and check for the right model for LX3 from the Singapore Raynox seller. website is here http://www.mcgill.com.sg/shop/

Hope my answers help. Enjoy your LX3

But you can try ebay to get one whole bundle set (the lens together with the adapter) If your budget allow, you can get one whole set with teleconverter, wide angle and fish eyes lens bundle set.

hey, actually I am asking the same question in another thread. Any comments or experience with such bundled sets. They are quite cheap, im thinking of getting one.

Honestly, I am quite happy with the result of such a bundle set. Did not have much problem with such a bundled set. I heard some say the picture quality is not as good as without the lens. But to me I am happy with the result and that maybe just me.

I use the telephoto converter more then the other 2. Need to use full zoom to avoid vignetting. Adding a filter in between the adapter and the lens will create vignetting.

Wide angle will have distortions on the picture, very obvious distortions as expected.

Nothing to comment on fish eye lens as I do not really play with fish eye effect.

Do take note that taking photo with these lens and flash will create shadow.

I don't have any samples or photos because the camera is not with me now.

Hope this help. :)

Hihi,

Another question I want to ask. the memory card that is normally given with the camera cannot support movie recording? need high speed one?

Look like 52mm more compatible & easy to find.

Read some thread at here talk about "Raynox MSN-202" in suitable for macro.
Other than this lens, got other brand suit for LX3?
At Singapore sell how much?