LX3 'problem'

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelbrain

Oct 12, 2006
dunno if anyone has encountered this problem..

i've set my picture size to 9M, and quality to max..

but sometimes intermittently, the pictures taken are in other dimensions (1280x720), (2048x1536) or even (640x480).. the size for max quality should be 3968x2232 I believe..

could this be a software bug in my camera? not sure if I should send it in for checking..

Hmm, sounds like a real problem indeed, cos I've never encountered it.

The only variation in picture dimension is when you switch aspect ratios, but even then, it's not such a drastic change.

did you shoot in movie mode. :think:

the 1280x720 and 640x480 could be the thumbnails for your videos, and there are certain scene modes that only allow you to shoot at 2mp resolution..

did u change ur mode? or aspect? I remembered I got to set the picture size for every mode.

You can set individual image size and quality settings in each of the modes. Changing modes will therefore give you different output settings. You might want to check that first.

did you shoot in movie mode. :think:

hmm what do you mean by that? as in was it accidentally toggled to movie mode? but wouldn't that have resulted in a movie rather than a still picture being captured?

well once in awhile the modes do accidentally get toggled when i'm shooting.. dunno if that's the cause..

You can set individual image size and quality settings in each of the modes. Changing modes will therefore give you different output settings. You might want to check that first.

argh bingo!.. isolated the problem.. didnt realise the image size is individually tagged to the aspect ratio as well... thanks all of you guys!! problem solved..

Do note that after you trim your pictures, the camera will also show a smaller picture size.

Hi I just got the LX3 yesterday & was just playing with it..I tried to record using the HD video mode & realise that after a few seconds the audio recording stops but the video recording continues..any idea how to fix this? So when I played the video on my pc..after a while the audios stops but continues playing the video..I tried playing around with the settings but I couldnt figure it out...my SD card is 2gig & there were lots of space..no probs with the SD card for sure

Any idea how to fix this? Thanks. :)

Never realise this problem... Did you accidently covered the microphone or shut down your volume?

Never realise this problem... Did you accidently covered the microphone or shut down your volume?

HiSix-GHz Thanks for your reply..nope I didnt. I tried resetting the whole camera & I still face the problem..however I do notice a trend which is the vol will stop about half way of a video..for eg the video is 10 secs the vol will stop at about 5 secs...if the video is 1 min the vol will stop bout 30 secs..it happens for the HD & normal video mode

:confused:

HiSix-GHz Thanks for your reply..nope I didnt. I tried resetting the whole camera & I still face the problem..however I do notice a trend which is the vol will stop about half way of a video..for eg the video is 10 secs the vol will stop at about 5 secs...if the video is 1 min the vol will stop bout 30 secs..it happens for the HD & normal video mode

:confused:

What is your card speed? Try testing it on a Sandisk Ultra II or Extreme III...

Just 1 question to ask... I got a 4gb card when turn to HD video mode it show 22 min of record time... But when a 8gb card insert in it still show 22 min... Anyone got this problem also?:embrass:

Hmm.....looks like this cam got a lot of "problems" :bsmilie:

Wonder should I buy it? Went down to Cathay photo to buy yesterday but out of stock.

Just 1 question to ask... I got a 4gb card when turn to HD video mode it show 22 min of record time... But when a 8gb card insert in it still show 22 min... Anyone got this problem also?:embrass:

erm, this is just the limitation of the cam.. it only allows up to 2GB worth of video in any single recording, its in the manual if you have read.. btw, I believe you were on VGA, HD should give abt 10min 30 secs of record time..

Hi I just got the LX3 yesterday & was just playing with it..I tried to record using the HD video mode & realise that after a few seconds the audio recording stops but the video recording continues..any idea how to fix this? So when I played the video on my pc..after a while the audios stops but continues playing the video..I tried playing around with the settings but I couldnt figure it out...my SD card is 2gig & there were lots of space..no probs with the SD card for sure

Any idea how to fix this? Thanks. :)

What kind of SD card are you using? I think Panasonic recommends using only SDHC cards with the LX-3.

seems like not as good cam as i thought it would be.

seems like not as good cam as i thought it would be.

Like most electronic stuff... the LX3 come with a user manual ( in the CD-ROM), user are always "advise" to read it first before using... You can't blame the camera if the owner don't read the manual first.... :nono:

Bros, pls advice if u can :embrass:

just gt my LX3 tis mth from MS Color.. havent gt much time to shoot but discovered both my batts' life seem unusually short so did a test today...brought it out for test shoot w the original batt fully charged. 1 thing, I always change appropriate settings n mode for every pic b4 taking and will review after every taken pic. I realized w my fully charged original batt, it dropped to only a life bar left after taking 30+ shots(23 in cam and 10+ deleted). Can check w u guys.. this is definitely something wrong right? Rem the other batt's life is short too.. I did my 1st charge of 10 hrs for both batts n subsequent 2-3 hrs till its full(no LED light on charger). Was considering bring my whole set to service center but wat abt e 3rd party batt? Should I look for Florence?

Status
Not open for further replies.