LX3 or GF1

Status
Not open for further replies.

czcsean

Mar 15, 2009
Bedok, Singapore
Hi Panasoners,

Now that there is a new cam GF1 out in the market, I was wondering if LX3 will still be in the demand more than the GF1 for it has more functions.

Just want to hear your thoughts about it

Totally different. LX3 is more of a compact camera with inbuilt and fixed lens.

And price is also totally far apart

LX3 - PnS (fixed lens, smaller sensor, electronic shutter, etc.)
GF1 - M4/3 (interchangable lens, bigger sensor, mechanical shutter, etc.)

It is totally different class. What do you need??

And price is also totally far apart

LX3 - PnS (fixed lens, smaller sensor, electronic shutter, etc.)
GF1 - M4/3 (interchangable lens, bigger sensor, mechanical shutter, etc.)

It is totally different class. What do you need??
Cause when i'm traveling with my family i don really want to carry so bulky items so want to ask between LX3 and GF1 which one will be better choice, and of cause price

Cause when i'm traveling with my family i don really want to carry so bulky items so want to ask between LX3 and GF1 which one will be better choice, and of cause price

do you mind changing lenses when travelling with your family?

Frankly with GF1 no need to change much lenses during tour as can use the digital Zoom 4X for far away subject. Still good quality for 14-45 kit lens only with 4X digital Zoom. Just have to hold steady. Also, GF-1 takes faster than any compact camera. No or very little shutter lag and always ready for the next shoot. Very much like DSLR faster than D3000. :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Hi Panasoners,

Now that there is a new cam GF1 out in the market, I was wondering if LX3 will still be in the demand more than the GF1 for it has more functions.

Just want to hear your thoughts about it

Since you are already a 5DMKII user.. my guess is the GF1 would suit you more. Get the 20mm kit first and then the 7-14mm later. The LX3 is great but it just feels to me like any compact camera.

2 different system.

solely depend on your budget and needs.

if i am in your shoes i will get the LX3, because it is sleek and compact.

becos i am more likely to carry a camera around due to its compact size.

What is your budget?

GF-1 lens are smaller so it will be light wight but i also want it to be a all round camera

The GF-1 should suit you better... and is actually within your budget.

Yeah GF1 for sure. The reviews have been very positive. 5dm2 user will expect a lot even from a non-SLR camera lol

Yeah GF1 for sure. The reviews have been very positive. 5dm2 user will expect a lot even from a non-SLR camera lol

GF1 is of diff class = dslr

lx3 = pns

Since your budget can afford the GF1 then go it.

But I see you are also concern about the bulk and weight. For the compactness and light weight, the LX3 wins.

And when taking family photos, you want to be in the picture, right?

I wouldn't mind letting a passerby to click the LX3 button. Practically, for me, LX3 is great for family outing when I want to be in the picture.

GF1 is of diff class = dslr

lx3 = pns

That's why I said the TS should get the GF1 instead of the LX3, especially since it's within his budget. I find my LX3 to be a little noisy even at ISO 80. As a pns it's awesome, but sometimes I do want more.

That's why I said the TS should get the GF1 instead of the LX3, especially since it's within his budget. I find my LX3 to be a little noisy even at ISO 80. As a pns it's awesome, but sometimes I do want more.

I totally agree that the LX-3 can be a little noisy, but the trade off for a lighter and more compact form factor is indeed very worthwhile. :thumbsup: But still, given his budget, I'll take the GF-1 anytime for expandability sake.

Since your budget can afford the GF1 then go it.

But I see you are also concern about the bulk and weight. For the compactness and light weight, the LX3 wins.

And when taking family photos, you want to be in the picture, right?

I wouldn't mind letting a passerby to click the LX3 button. Practically, for me, LX3 is great for family outing when I want to be in the picture.
But GF1 oso shoot in live view mode, I did a comparison, LX3 is compact and has the zoom function and has the wide angel adaptor, GF1 is a little heavy the 20mm lens shoots great picture but if i change it to a 14-24 lens den is even more heavy, cause if can i will get the whole including the accessris for both, with my budget i think getting the LX3 will be much better

Status
Not open for further replies.