LX3 lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

phpjazz

Mar 5, 2007
how do i clean the lens of lx3?

coz apparently oil is spilled on the lens.
then i breath and wipe it with a lcd cloth. but i can still see the blur stain.

how do i clean the lens of lx3?

coz apparently oil is spilled on the lens.
then i breath and wipe it with a lcd cloth. but i can still see the blur stain.

Get those better quality lens cleaning solution and lens tissue, after that finish it up by cleaning with a clean microfiber cloth.

If u do not wish to further 'harm' the lens, can always get a lens adapter and attach a filter on it.

Breathing on a camera lens for cleaning is the next worst thing to do. If you do not clean off well enough after that, fungi will grow. Do not do that again. In our production line (for medical use), what seems harmless like finger prints and vapor from our mouth can cause great harm very soon.

use Lens Pen to clean the stain off.

hmmm ok noted! Thanks

but where got sell lens pen?

courts? harvey norman?

CP, AP, john 3:16 etc etc ... cost price about $12-$15 .....

what's OP? and where is it located? thanks!

just got it from ap funan. Lazy to go sls. 12 for a small lenspen. Work like a charm. Tat residue stain is gone!

PLEASE take very good care of the lens .. was just quoted $200++ for the LX-3 lens as they say it's made in japan ...

Breathing on a camera lens for cleaning is the next worst thing to do. If you do not clean off well enough after that, fungi will grow.

so far never heard of compact will get fungus one...

so far never heard of compact will get fungus one...

Fungus will grow on any lens if conditions are right.

DSC03562.jpg

Last edited:
Fungus will grow on any lens if conditions are right.

the conditions in my room is also right (1 degree hotter than any other rooms in the house) but only both my kit lens got fungus while my 4 year old superzoom compact fz5 (lens diameter should be the same size as yours) never kena any even after being in the rain and to japan in winter.

sold off cheaply to a friend due to a white particle in the lens...no idea to as how it even get there in the first place.

i suppose having a cleaning session once a week helps to reduce the risk of fungus in compact, or else just buy a dry cabinet and throw anything with lens into the cabinet.

having fungus growing on a compact, usually means that the compact has been left untouched for quite a period of time.

Last edited:
Maybe I am in too much micro lab to let you know that everything can be a source for fungi. Worst of all you may not even be able to see with your naked eyes. If you have a chance, look at the culture in the labs and you know what I mean. Good Luck if you think fungi do not grow on compact.

Status
Not open for further replies.