LX3 lens adapter

Hi there, i got my 3d party from the mass sales corner from Dimage.
But i find it abit hard to put on sometimes. Don't know whether is it suppose to be liddat anot.
If you getting the 0.45 wide lens. Do pm me =)

get the pandabase.

search in ebay. very good and solid adaptor

Hi

Just wan to ask whether can i get a 3rd party len adapter for my LX3? For example:
http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-Adapter-Panasonic-DMC-LX3-Digital/dp/B001N3DEG0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1274093446&sr=8-2
Is there any differences between this and the offical LA4?

As im thinking of getting the .45x opteka lens.
Thanks

I have the original DMW-LA4 and fitting is very smooth and firm. Some 3rd party ones are gd too but depending on which type as some are hard to screw in while some others the fitting is not as secured.

Guys, if you're ordering the Opteka 0.45x wide angle converter, don't bother getting the adapter as it comes supplied. The supplied adapter works perfectly fine, screws onto the LX3 without a problem. The difference between the Opteka adapter and the original DMW-LA4 would mainly just be the difference in the filter thread diameter.

DMW-LA4, if I'm not wrong, has a 46mm filter thread, which will not fit the Opteka 0.45x converter for LX3. Opteka's 0.45x wide angle converter comes with a 52mm filter thread adapter.

Guys, if you're ordering the Opteka 0.45x wide angle converter, don't bother getting the adapter as it comes supplied. The supplied adapter works perfectly fine, screws onto the LX3 without a problem. The difference between the Opteka adapter and the original DMW-LA4 would mainly just be the difference in the filter thread diameter.

DMW-LA4, if I'm not wrong, has a 46mm filter thread, which will not fit the Opteka 0.45x converter for LX3. Opteka's 0.45x wide angle converter comes with a 52mm filter thread adapter.

Thanks for the great info. My 3rd party adapter abit hard to screw scare that i spoil the thread. If only there is Opteka seller in SG ~_~

Haha I had to ship mine in from the US as well. Bought on Amazon, but the shipping to Singapore is a whopping 59.90 USD! I had it shipped to Vpost USA which then sent it over to me, which is a much cheaper option especially if you share shipping with someone else.

the Shipping so exp i rather get the tele lens also -_-

haha 59.90 USD is if you ship direct to Singapore through Amazon. Shipping through Vpost would probably cost you about $15 - $16 SGD. (rough estimate as I shipped other items as well, but amounted to a total of $22)

haha 59.90 USD is if you ship direct to Singapore through Amazon. Shipping through Vpost would probably cost you about $15 - $16 SGD. (rough estimate as I shipped other items as well, but amounted to a total of $22)

one question how long does it take for you to receive?

OH sorry now that I'm re-reading the thread, think there may be a misunderstanding.. $59.90 USD is for shipping the Opteka 0.45x Wide Angle Converter with the 52mm adapter included.. LOL I wouldn't be paying $59.90 just for an adapter..

Ah ok thanks.

Hi there Vpost is having a promotion, issit true can someone confirm? =D
$20 OFF First Shipment for New Customers (now till 31 July 2010)
Limited to first time new customers, no minimum vPOST shipping charge required

O nvm i saw it only for uob credit or debit card ~_~

Last edited:
I just got myself pandabase adapter but i've got problem removing my lx3 front lens ring to mount on my adapter :(
No matter how i turn the ring anticlockwise using my thumb and forefinger .. the ring doesnt even shift at all.
Must i really use alot of force anot? I scare will spoil the ring lei..

Use those 1/4" rubber band round the ring and turn.

If cannot use this:

DSC01132.jpg