LX3 for Singapore Air Show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chengsun

Mar 5, 2008
Are you going for this coming Singapore Airshow 2010? Will you bring along your LX3 to shoot? I am still thinking, if LX3 is suitable.

http://www.singaporeairshow.com/

Definately not suitable for those flying displays, more suited for static displays if you're thinking of bringing your LX3 along..

I don't think it's suitable because of the limitation in its zoom range.

Last edited:
For static and indoor exhibits, yes. For fly-pasts, definitely no go!

bring a super-zoom compact or a zoom lens on a dslr body instead.

It is suited more for street photography. So bring it if you are photographing people instead.
It is too wide to shoot a flying plane so far up in the sky.

I agree with the rest on the limitation of zoom which is more suitable for static displays. I went to the last one back in 2008 with my ex 10D and 70-200 f/4L for the flying displays. Even at 320mm equivalent some are already not close enough, let alone 60mm equivalent on the LX3.

Agreed. LX3 limited zoom range will not be suitable for the air show. And I can imagine it will be very crowded to get a clean shot at the static display. Use a super-zoom for both people, static and aerial display - ideally 28mm to 400mm combination.

Agreed. LX3 limited zoom range will not be suitable for the air show. And I can imagine it will be very crowded to get a clean shot at the static display. Use a super-zoom for both people, static and aerial display - ideally 28mm to 400mm combination.

28mm is not wide enough, at least 17mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.