LX2 Rocks???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Side question: If you were to send a 16:9 format picture to the photo labs to develop using for example Fuji machines, would the picture be skewed or have white borders?

Some test shots at ISO 100. 10mp. Flash EV -1
LX2-Test01f.jpg

100% crops.
LX2-Test01cc.jpg
LX2-Test01cd.jpg

ISO100 10mp
LX2-Test06f.jpg

100% corner crop: very little CA.
LX2-Test06cd.jpg

ISO1600 day shot 10mp
LX2-Test05f.jpg

100% crop: Some hint of water colouring but still useable. Much better noise performance than what I've seen of LX1 and Canon S80 @ ISO400
LX2-Test05cc.jpg

Macro shots @ ISO 100 8.5mp (3:2)
LX2-Test03f.jpg

100% crop
LX2-Test03cc.jpg

Dynamic range @ ISO100 10mp
LX2-Test02f.jpg

It took me a while to get used to the 16:9 framing.. I think I still prefer 3:2 framing. Being a DSLR user, I am also more used to the shallower DOF offered by DSLR, but this digital compact is superb in its class with fantastic sharpness. LX2 impresses me in the colour reproduction and the very low CA of the Leica lens used. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

did u take RAW or JPEG? Looks good enough to me...there is something about the LX series the silky look lol. Different from other PS cams.

zapp! said:
did u take RAW or JPEG? Looks good enough to me...there is something about the LX series the silky look lol. Different from other PS cams.
All are shot in highest quality JPG. I'm not a RAW person. ;)

erm... seems like they should cancel the firmware petition for lx2 and fz50. :bsmilie:
sharpness is :thumbsup:, and color is very vibrant as well

ExplorerZ said:
erm... seems like they should cancel the firmware petition for lx2 and fz50. :bsmilie:
sharpness is :thumbsup:, and color is very vibrant as well
I think the problem really crops up at maybe >50% zoom of the full res pic where u can start seeing the water color effects and detail loss. I still think Pana should give users the option to turn off NR totally.

Another thought - it is possible the 'complains' of noise and detail loss come from pple who also own DSLRs? Cos our eyes too used to DSLR sensor sizes and the quality of the pictures. Think need to compare apple to apple :p

zapp! said:
I think the problem really crops up at maybe >50% zoom of the full res pic where u can start seeing the water color effects and detail loss. I still think Pana should give users the option to turn off NR totally.
true... it will be a BIG plus if they add that. but i worry by that time user will complain NOISE @ those high ISO :bsmilie:
if the 10MP pic can survive looking alright @ 50%, it would be more than enough for most consumer, since their print should be that big unless they do pixel peeping

Put it realistically, i think ISO 400 is about the max i will go for P&S camera photos. Even on DSLR, i think ISO800 is the max i will push unless really no choice.

zapp! said:

Another thought - it is possible the 'complains' of noise and detail loss come from pple who also own DSLRs? Cos our eyes too used to DSLR sensor sizes and the quality of the pictures. Think need to compare apple to apple :p
The water colour effect is evident at the higher ISO. So if you compare it with other PnS which mostly onoly go up to ISO400, you really have a winner in the LX2.

zapp! said:
Put it realistically, i think ISO 400 is about the max i will go for P&S camera photos. Even on DSLR, i think ISO800 is the max i will push unless really no choice.
if thats the case there is no worry like what lsisaxon said... from all these pic the "watercolor" effect only really appear at high ISO

my conclusion - Panasonic have chuck out another mini beast

Status
Not open for further replies.