LX2 going to ROCK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

micah4

Sep 14, 2005
LX2 is looking impressive even at iso800 here...

here's another user's pics testing it at ISO400.

another user's pics for comparison...this one has both the LX1 and LX2 side by side for better comparative 'analysis'...;)

LX2 :thumbsup:

The second example clearly shows how killing is the VenusIII NR for detials. But it also shows the fact that LX2 RAW at ISO 400 have less noise than LX1 RAW!

But personally, the LX1 ISO 400 JPEG looks better for my eyes..better in terms of latter possibility to denoise the image. LX2 JPEG at ISO 400 is simply too soft :( It's especially well visible on right side of the ISO400 shot. The red bricks are so smudged..

odklizec said:
The second example clearly shows how killing is the VenusIII NR for detials. But it also shows the fact that LX2 RAW at ISO 400 have less noise than LX1 RAW!

But personally, the LX1 ISO 400 JPEG looks better for my eyes..better in terms of latter possibility to denoise the image. LX2 JPEG at ISO 400 is simply too soft :( It's especially well visible on right side of the ISO400 shot. The red bricks are so smudged..

...agreed, venus III engine's NR is really 'killing' this great compact...we can't always be taking pics in raw! :(

Black is a very popular color in LX line;) Especially now if they made LX2 really black, including the black barrel ring.

I really like LX2 in black..
lx1lx2.jpg

i like black, but looking at that pic i actually prefer the color combination of LX1

wow, next week! ...wonder whatz the pricing is going to be like?

...I like it black...totally black :)

And would the on-going petition make a difference...?!

micah4 said:
And would the on-going petition make a difference...?!
All participants hope so ;) BTW, we already break the 500 petitioners (actually 516)! It's still nothing but we now can attack 1000 ;) The more petitioners we get, the better! Maybe we change something and maybe not. But at least we did something..

The price not known yet...but I hope it will be below S$790.......you never know if they coming out with the Leica version.

trucatus said:
The price not known yet...but I hope it will be below S$790.......you never know if they coming out with the Leica version.
I think 700 to 750nett looks possible. :think:

I heard they have stock in already....I heard it is less than S$720....but no pouch.....later they will give free...

Panasonic should have just make a built in slide door for the lens. Having to manually remove and attach the lens cap is troublesome... :(

Kho King said:
Panasonic should have just make a built in slide door for the lens. Having to manually remove and attach the lens cap is troublesome... :(
yah, I agree fully...with technology as it is today, pannie let themselves down with such 'old fashion' provision for the lens :dunno:

trucatus said:
I heard they have stock in already....I heard it is less than S$720....but no pouch.....later they will give free...
where r u getting all this 'insider' info...got friend somewhere...:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I know suppliers from Sony, Panasonic and Canon....cannot do MO because I deal only in the pro equipment.

trucatus said:
I know suppliers from Sony, Panasonic and Canon....cannot do MO because I deal only in the pro equipment.
perhaps we can all band together and buy from one shop, and bargain for better price, if not better free gifts, like sdcards, extra batteries...;)

Collected my LX2!!! Black version. First feel is lighter than LX1 and paint work not so fantastic. Will try the cam once the batts are charged.

trucatus said:
Collected my LX2!!! Black version. First feel is lighter than LX1 and paint work not so fantastic. Will try the cam once the batts are charged.

Is it now available in Singapore retail stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.