LX2 going to ROCK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
trucatus said:
Collected my LX2!!! Black version. First feel is lighter than LX1 and paint work not so fantastic. Will try the cam once the batts are charged.

How much did you get it for and what did it come with? Special price for you?

trucatus said:
Collected my LX2!!! Black version. First feel is lighter than LX1 and paint work not so fantastic. Will try the cam once the batts are charged.
quick, quick, tell us where and how much u got it for................! :bigeyes:

just went to MS colour... Florence quoted me $750... I suppose it'll come down to around $700 to compete with F30... just fyi...

londonray said:
just went to MS colour... Florence quoted me $750... I suppose it'll come down to around $700 to compete with F30... just fyi...
the other thread mentioned AP quoting 688nett.
:)

Is LX2 made in Japan?
The price is really cheap...

I got it for S$710 no freebies. The cam is made in Japan.
Screen is larger. More functions. The ISO 800 Jpeg detail loss when noise reduction is done but small print should be ok.

The Screen protector hard to find for it's size so bought a PA one and cut myself.

Also no pouch like the LX1.

As a whole not much difference in feel after putting in Batteries and Card - Guess why it is lighter when I first collect it.

HD movie is impressive...but I do not have HD TV to try the outcome.

does it use the same battery as the LX1?

not sure if I should get the LX2.

(I should not be getting it cos the LX1 still takes great picture.
But I feel like getting it just for fun.....)

Bro, they share the same batts. Anyway a third party one only S$15. The LX-1 is fine and this LX-2 is just an upgraded toy. In your hands they should both be good.

strange that ap@funan could not provide any equote for the LX2...no stock in yet perhaps from pannie distro? So the price of 688nett (by AP) mentioned previously may be just hogwash. :dunno:

Hey weekh, how about you sell me the LX1 and you buy the LX2.....PM for negotiation??

weekh said:
does it use the same battery as the LX1?

not sure if I should get the LX2.

(I should not be getting it cos the LX1 still takes great picture.
But I feel like getting it just for fun.....)

I suggest that you try to catch hold of the LX2's RAW files and see the end results in comparison with that of the LX1 and see which is better.

IMO, unless Panasonic do something to the LX2's overly aggressive and painterly NR, one must take images in RAW to get the best out of it.

zag said:
the young chap at AP sim lim is my regular sales chap i bought a few nikkor lenses through him. Dun think he dare pull a fast one on me. When I called last nite he said the stock just came in (5 sets on hand) and a few LX1's. Dunno about today.. probably gone by now. I called up Parisilk too after that and was quoted $657 before GST. So quite reliable and consistent pricing.
tks for the explanation, just that a quotation by someone who has no stock is usually questionable...if ap@sls has stock, then whatz up at ap@funan? :dunno:

anyhow, someone else here was quoted 750 by mscolor...so the range of pricing seemed to be 680 to 750 nett.

micah4 said:
tks for the explanation, just that a quotation by someone who has no stock is usually questionable...if ap@sls has stock, then whatz up at ap@funan? :dunno:

anyhow, someone else here was quoted 750 by mscolor...so the range of pricing seemed to be 680 to 750 nett.
what are the freebies given? that might justify the difference.

ExplorerZ said:
what are the freebies given? that might justify the difference.
so far, don't seemed to come with any freebies...:dunno: not even a casing :cry:

...btw, those who are interested in the LX2, do consider participating in the petition to pannie, if u hv not already. :)

Blu-By-U said:
Hey weekh, how about you sell me the LX1 and you buy the LX2.....PM for negotiation??

Actually I'm out shooting today and thought of going down to town to get the LX2 in the evening.
Then I decided to continue shooting and 4get about getting the LX2. Will continue to use the LX1 and save money.

Leica D-Lux 3 might have a better engine than Panasonic......

hope so, since gotta pay more.. hahaha... hope it'd be out soon.

got an equote from mscolor for the lx2: 880nett w/1GB+casing :bigeyes: :bigeyes: ...priced out of reach liao. Wait for LX3.

Status
Not open for further replies.