LX1 Rocks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

weekh

Sep 6, 2004
Brought the LX1 for a short vacation. This cam really rocks! So small and light weight and yet the image is sooo solid!

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

h.jpg

i.jpg

j.jpg

k.jpg

l.jpg

m.jpg

n.jpg

o.jpg

Cheesecake said:
looks good!

weekh, how's the noise control?

performance at higher ISO?

The cam is indeed very noisy from ISO 200 onwards. But if u shoot raw and use a bit of noise reduction, it is not a major problem.

My daughter wanted to me carry her most of the time. I would have 'peng san' and dropped dead if I had used anything heavier.

How much you paid for it and what the package?
Saw the cam on a magazine few days ago and thinking of getting..

donchua said:
How much you paid for it and what the package?
Saw the cam on a magazine few days ago and thinking of getting..

AP selling for $860 with extra 512MB SD card and a LUMIX pouch.
Used to sell for $850 with addition of 16:9 printing papers some months ago.

Weekh, from the look of the compo and shutter speed selections, I believe most of the credit should go to you i.s.o. LX1. Now comparing your shoots to my F10 (Fujifilm), then, YES, LX1 sure looks great. I don't see much of any fringing and pix is sharp, alittle hard and slight saturate but looks really great. Did you do post op? :thumbsup:

The LX1 is really good. Small, light and responsive. Image striaght out from the cam is pretty good .
I've used the Ixus i5 and don't like it.
I also have the Canon Pro1 but it is a little slow compared to the Lx1. And the LX1 give better image out of the cam compared to the Pro1.
And not 4getting the anti-shake feature... really useful and allows me to shoot at low shutter speed.

I'm not a PS person. I don't do much post processing other than some slight exposure adjustment, WB (usually I bring it back to daylight) and sharpening.

Very nice series! Well taken! Photographer has an important play in it, and it helps if the camera is good....

I like the 16:9 format.

Color is very nice....I think should give credit to your good composition....:thumbsup: I am only good at talking but come to photoshooting....I can never achive that kind of impact in the subject :sweat:

Nice colours... I am impressed...

But the colour r pretty saturated, did u do post processing or these r straight from camera?

for me the saturated looks normal,maybe just me eh :p

OMG, its damn nice.

Besides the image quality, another thing which worth the praise is ur skills. i like the way u tilt when composing. keep it up!:thumbsup:

Printed some of the pix on A3 size paper with Canon i9950. Didn't even bother to reduce the noise.
Solid prints and I got nothing to complain about.

If u're considering this digicam, just go for it. Don't let the noise issue deter u.

very nice composition :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Seems like the 16:9 format really encourages creative composition :bsmilie:

Was wondering how would the future variant of lx1 (lx2) be like....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.