LX1, FX9 and FZ30 @ Comex2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenToon

Aug 12, 2003
If today's computer times is anything to go by, Panasonic may be launching the above cameras at Comex. But that is at recommened retail price. Wonder if AP or MS would be able to get hold of some stock and offer them at a lower price... :sweat:

from prev posts fx9 debut today at ms colour
not sure abt the lx1

Don't have papers... care to list out the price and freebies for FX9 during COMEX? Thanks

have checked with alanP, they say estimate price for FZ30 ~~ $1200

psx2sg said:
have checked with alanP, they say estimate price for FZ30 ~~ $1200
:sweat:

not quite sure how they are going to sell. from fz10 to fz20 to now fz30, just keep getting more and more expensive. :think:

hope to get the LX1 there! wondering what is the est price?

tao said:
:sweat:

not quite sure how they are going to sell. from fz10 to fz20 to now fz30, just keep getting more and more expensive. :think:

Did you expect the prices to get cheaper?:dunno:

natnivek said:

I think as the model number get bigger so do the price.
and trying to make a prosumer camera price like a DSLR.:think:

haha but the prices are increasing at an exponential rate!!
[size=-2]lucky the noise proportionally only[/size]

natnivek said:

nope, expect the replacement model to maintain the price. just like the canon G1 to G2 to G3 to G5 to G6, the launch prices abt the same over the years.

dominator said:
I think as the model number get bigger so do the price.
and trying to make a prosumer camera price like a DSLR.:think:

Actually, as technology advances, it should get cheaper. Or at least, maintain the price, but pack in more and better features.

Just as an example:

Minolta's 7Hi, A1 and A2 series were all at the $1800 range when first released. Then later, the A2's price dropped to $1350. The A200 was subsequently released at this price point, and now the D5D DSLR (with 28-100 equiv lens) can be had for less than $1.4k.

As much as I really like prosumer cams in general, I think the FZ30 is just a bit too expensive for what it is. For just slightly more, consumers can now reach for DSLRs from all the major manufacturers.

Wah, LX1 at $999? Is it really that packed with features? At $200 more, can get the FZ30 already loh...

hmmm i dunno.. just saw the LX1... looks like a refitted FX8/9
HAHA... Heard got manual features n stuff like that.. for it's size, that's quite a feat.. maybe that's why u're paying $999 for it..

Status
Not open for further replies.