LX-3 UnderWater Housing

Ya man no updates from any guru here at all :( hey tokara sls selling?? Which shop n how much??

i did my research here and saw orient photo @ SLS 6th floor selling. else MS Color AMK oso have. if not, ebay sg for S$70.

not sure which one cheapest.

Hi,

Any LX3 user using the Dicapac Case bag? the recommended one is WP-610 for LX3 but I find it too big for our camera. I've seen one person using the WP-310 for LX3 (see link) but wondering if it will cause the bag to break one way or another or compromise its waterproof seal. I am actually thinking of getting WP-510, any thoughts?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnbailon/3420999601/

Last edited:
Hi,

Just to share with you guys, I've gotten the DICAPac 570 for LX3 from GMM Technoworld HQ at Hougang. Apparently they are the sole distributor, so their price should be reasonable. I've tested the 310 and 510 too. the lens housing for 310 and 510 is too small for LX3, which makes it abit unstable if your camera is not on. 570 will have a housing with suitable diameter BUT the length is slightly shorter for LX3 when zoomed out. So you got to zoom in abit, if not the the lens will be touching the internal housing lens surface. Looks like a great pack, the camera looks safe inside haha

Anyway the staff i met was very helpful n friendly, got the pack for 69 (yes, abit ex for a ziplockbag haha) .

Last edited:
Royden let us know whether the casing works well after you have tested it. thinking of getting one as well.

I am using WP-610. I am not so worry getting water going inside. Basically the casing itself have a few seal points....so pretty safe.

Check out a few pic i taken during my recent trip in KK:

P1020829.jpg

P1020960.jpg

P1030016.jpg

P1020918.jpg

P1030004.jpg

I have the LX3 & the 10Bar housing together with two Sea & Sea YS55 strobes. I suggest that if you dive, don't put your LX3 in anything less than an aluminium housing as the risk of leakage is great when you use other makes. It is serving me well & so far, I've got no problems with the controls.

A few photos taken with the set up:-

4253901486_99c9e0ba47.jpg

3891519189_d2c3d40c37.jpg

3891523181_58f68fccfd.jpg

It's a fantastic camera & one that I carry around with me wherever I go...

Last edited:
I have the LX3 & the 10Bar housing together with two Sea & Sea YS55 strobes. I suggest that if you dive, don't put your LX3 in anything less than an aluminium housing as the risk of leakage is great when you use other makes. It is serving me well & so far, I've got no problems with the controls.

A few photos taken with the

Nice shots.. Did yu use strobe light..flash or jus natural lighting?

pummkin!

10bar housing $$$$$$ haha.. though I do dive but just can't justify spending that much amount of money just to take photos during my dive.

Anyway my idea of getting the Dicapac is just for:

Bad weather but really want to take some photos
beach, sea
kayaking, rafting
snorkelling

Hopefully i will put it to good use

A few photos taken with the set up:-

The acrylic ones are still good options, just not as "rugged" as the aluminum ones. All it takes is for a bit of sand in a seal and it won't matter if your case is aluminum or acrylic...

Oh and nice photos.

i use the 10 bar too..

im renting it out if anyone wants to use it. PM me.

Hey denn23

how's it goin? how much are u renting the 10 bar housing for? :)

It looks precious Kalsumine . :)

am selling a D80 ikellite housing with 90mm macro lens and tokina ultra wide angle port and the standard port @ $2k as the housing have not been uses yet. brand new from state after the 4pin upgrade or trading with a 10bar lx3 housing + you top up :) do pm me if interested

hi there! so, using WP 610 is better than WP 570?
which actually has better fit for lx3?
can someone advise on this?