LX 3 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nublx3

Mar 10, 2009
Hi

I just bought a LX-3 today, and when I am pointing my camera at the lights at home, there is an ugly pink colour bar from top to bottom running across my LCD.

Is that just my set or its a bug in LX-3 firmware that can be solved by updating the firmware?

It's smearing, as stated in your manual (page 194). No major prob. However, it may pose a problem while framing in an extremely bright environment. Other than that, it's normal.

Thanks for the tip. Its really irritating though, I wouldn't exactly classify the lights at my home to be a very bright part.

Guess I have to live with it, and be thankful that it doesn't appear in final image.

Thanks for the tip. Its really irritating though, I wouldn't exactly classify the lights at my home to be a very bright part.
Guess I have to live with it, and be thankful that it doesn't appear in final image.

I've tried several PnS cameras, they all have smearings under contrasting bright lights. And yes, it's quite disruptive in framing. But that's the limitation of PnS I suppose. Do exploit its strengths though, as the LX3 is still one hell of a camera!

I've tried several PnS cameras, they all have smearings under contrasting bright lights. And yes, it's quite disruptive in framing. But that's the limitation of PnS I suppose. Do exploit its strengths though, as the LX3 is still one hell of a camera!

Thanks for the advice. Despite the smearing, I am very excited about having fun with the LX3. Here's a closeup shot under macro AF.

p1000014.jpg

Wah, please resize before post.

ops ... paiseh, new here

i dun think i saw a good macro AF close up

LX3's macro is so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.