LX-3 lens is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

doranlum

Sep 22, 2008
OMG !!! my LX-3 lens is not moving and camera keep detecting there's a lens cover ... OMG !!! i check and there's no small particles blocking the lens ... Hope tml Panansonic can do something about it ... how am i going to live w/o my LX-3 for the weekend :(

OMG !!! my LX-3 lens is not moving and camera keep detecting there's a lens cover ... OMG !!! i check and there's no small particles blocking the lens ... Hope tml Panansonic can do something about it ... how am i going to live w/o my LX-3 for the weekend :(

Perhaps some sensor's faulty, better have it checked. Still under warranty?

hope so ... frens was joking tat why my camera can't errect ... lol

warranty just pass only ... haiz .. sometimes they produce things tat are so wonder tat the timing are just nice .. lol

Anyway what would be the maximum repair cost would u all pay ? i was setting mine at $200 max .. if not i go get a new GF1 or LX-3 ... i just love my LX-3 ...

Last edited:
hope so ... frens was joking tat why my camera can't errect ... lol

warranty just pass only ... haiz .. sometimes they produce things tat are so wonder tat the timing are just nice .. lol

Anyway what would be the maximum repair cost would u all pay ? i was setting mine at $200 max .. if not i go get a new GF1 or LX-3 ... i just love my LX-3 ...

I've no idea about the repair cost but if it's too costly, might as well buy a new set cos now only $600+ with freebies. Electronics stuffs are hard to say as they'll fail anytime.

I also love my LX3 which i only acquired just 2 weeks back but so far still under-utilised. :bsmilie:

Lets start a pool ..... farthest from actual cost buys kopi

I say less than $40 and that a sensor is faulty or dirty or dusty

i hope u can get it fixed, i had my LX3 since Nov 08, still going strong

Lets start a pool ..... farthest from actual cost buys kopi

I say less than $40 and that a sensor is faulty or dirty or dusty

I say $80. Kopi sounds good.

TS: any updates? :think:

If it's the gear train or motor, it'll cost between $200 to $300 because they have to replace the whole lens assembly.

If it's the gear train or motor, it'll cost between $200 to $300 because they have to replace the whole lens assembly.

ouch!.. might as well buy a new cam..

well....they call me and ask if i recently been to the beach, i asked ..how u know ..
because they found some sand got into my lens ... which caused the lens gear or motor to be stuck... hahaa
well, lesson learnt "I'm not going to bring my LX-3 to the next ZoukOut" ...

looks like if going dusty area, best to have the Lens Adapter with Filter for protection.

well....they call me and ask if i recently been to the beach, i asked ..how u know ..
because they found some sand got into my lens ... which caused the lens gear or motor to be stuck... hahaa

how much is the repair costs? :think:

looks like if going dusty area, best to have the Lens Adapter with Filter for protection.

Yeah i agree. That's why i bought the adapter but shun bian add the wide conversion lens to it. :sweatsm:

As a rule-of-thumb if the repair estimate is more than 50% of a replacement product (in this case another new LX-3 cos it's still in production) then get a new product or upgrade. Otherwise fix it. Remove the ring around the lens and see if that helps. If it doesnt remove the battery for a day or so to drain the internal battery (you'll have to set up the date/time etc again). If that doesnt help go to the service centre. Good luck.

I was lucky the lens and the gear are all ok .. i was just charge $70 for the servicing and diagnostics

if needs to replace the lens then it would cost another $200++

heng arh! Back in action :)

Status
Not open for further replies.