Lush 99.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

vortex

Sep 6, 2004
SG / LDN
www.exitmusik.com
Just thought, i would let you ppl know there's a new radio station on our airwaves now. Lush 99.5 FM...part of mediacorp even. as some of you might know...it used to be the arts radio station, passion 99.5

this new station plays nujazz, chilled downtempo music....very very nice and refreshing compared to your other top 40 radio stations.

www.lush995.com

I finally got the chance to tune in yesterday....

so wat i have to say? Nice...

lounge music. Hehe
Songs which you dun have the faintest idea where to get but you like. lol
:D

one can get the songs via SMS LUSH to 72346 or something, but its 30cts. i do that when i really like the song, then go and find the CD, CDs will be really ex though.

Lush does play lotsa bossa/jazz, and i have a lot, am really sad that audiogalaxy,kazaa, BT etc are no more, can't locate these anyway, anyone who wants to share/exchange such mp3s, do PM me. *wink*

I first tuned in about a month ago and quite surprised to find em playing a whole bunch of stuff which I already have in my extensive lounge and nujazz collection.

I like the reduced level of advertising and DJ chatter, although I still find that it's better that Chris Ho not say anything over the air.

For those interested in finding out more about the music played on Lush, check out the following artistes:

-John Creamer & Stephen K
-Mystic Diversions
-Steohane Pompougnac
-Micatone
-Orbit Experience
-Tevira Modern
-Eliot
-A:Xus
-Genetic Drugs & Jasmon
-DNA
-Bliss
-Infracom!
-Refractory
-Can 7
-Momix & Low P
-Dzihan & Kamien
-Waldeck
-Jean-Michel Jarre

They havnet started the Internet radio station for 99.5 yet? I dont have a radio in my room so I can only hear radio thru the net.

I have been listening to the smoothjazz channel on winamp for the last year or so.. have not even been looking for any mp3s to download.

that SMS beh jun one :( I send a message today during a track and back came the previous and current title, and then surprise surprise surprise! at the end of the track Chris Ho announces a different title and artiste than that shown on the SMS!

hwchoy said:
that SMS beh jun one :( I send a message today during a track and back came the previous and current title, and then surprise surprise surprise! at the end of the track Chris Ho announces a different title and artiste than that shown on the SMS!

Maybe Chris Ho bey chun? Or maybe he made a mistake? :)

I SMS a few times before, and all were correct. : )

one of the other reasons why i love lush other than being able to hear bossa on radio.....

them playing some of my fav indie bands :heart:

kings of convenience
postal service/dntel/deathcab

i had been tuning in to Lush since they started..
real cool station!!!
i tuned in wif a DAB radio.. so i get ultra clear digital broadcast wif all the song's info displayed.. hehe..

thumbs up for LUSH~~ sexy, sensual, smooth...

hackie said:
i had been tuning in to Lush since they started..
real cool station!!!
i tuned in wif a DAB radio.. so i get ultra clear digital broadcast wif all the song's info displayed.. hehe..

whats a DAB? damn..wasting my 30cts .....

di0nysus said:
whats a DAB? damn..wasting my 30cts .....

digital audio broadcast radio..
refer to this site.. http://smartradio.mediacorpradio.com/
other nice station is the CLUB station.. nice dance music too..
Cruise also nice.. some jazz n oldies..

n best of all... www.lush995.com.sg

i'm using this Sangean radio
dabr_DPR-15%20and%20DPR-215_pict_small.pjpeg

info here..
http://www.sangean.nl/English/?opt3=DPR-15 and DPR-215&opt5=191

korean brand.
sound is good.. and can use battery so u wun miss out on LUSH even if u r having a picnic or BBQ! haha..

i might be able to get some discount on it if u r interested. :)

LazerLordz said:
I love Lush too.Any other bossa nova and jazz fans out there?

Can you give some recommendations?
My present collection - Laura Fygi, Pink Martini, John Coltrane, Chris Isaac...

Know of any places in town that has good live jazz band?

i like lush too.. but the stereo in my room is very selective of what it can receive and sadly lush isn't one of them.
anyone knows it lush 995 has web streaming service?

zha said:

Thelonious Monk, Stacey Kent, Michael Buble, Chet Baker and if you have Coltrane then you gotta have Miles (Davis) of course.

Harry's Bar at Boat Quay has a regular houseband Chromazone which has been around for years

zha said:

other than Harry's bar tat eel mentioned.

u should check out Jazz @ Southbridge

its also at boat quay...ard the 7/11 there. live jazz bizness :thumbsup:
i was there once and caught an impromtu jam session with some guest, jeremy monterio and the boss of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.