Lure of latest Singtel Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
would like to get some opinions from you guys.

Singtel is offering a macbook for its 10mbps plan.
http://home.singtel.com/hotdeals/#link?page=BroadBand

Its so damn tempting ah. haha. What do you think?

I scared later, got better promo, or lower fees. But personally, i think its a good deal.

If you're scared then you wait lor :)

I scared later, got better promo, or lower fees. But personally, i think its a good deal.

I signed up for a plan in late Nov, now they come out with a better deal .... sianzzzzz

come again, kinda have no choice cos my plan ended jus then, need to take up another ...

I only hope that SingTel will take its existing customers into consideration when it offers such good deals, kinda unfair to us who faithfully sign up upon the end of our contract to find that the deal gets even better ...

(I understand that we sign up plans as a contract, we accept the terms as it is at the point of offering ... but its kinda difficult to accept ... sigh ... )

I signed up for a plan in late Nov, now they come out with a better deal .... sianzzzzz

come again, kinda have no choice cos my plan ended jus then, need to take up another ...

I only hope that SingTel will take its existing customers into consideration when it offers such good deals, kinda unfair to us who faithfully sign up upon the end of our contract to find that the deal gets even better ...

(I understand that we sign up plans as a contract, we accept the terms as it is at the point of offering ... but its kinda difficult to accept ... sigh ... )

from the looks of it, singnet most of the time only give promo when starhub is giving promo as well. for existing customers the situation tends to be after you renew your contract then...they come out with new or even better promotions or lower rates...if you don't renew the plan, the next month bill without plan shoots up...damn sianz

from past experience, singtel's deals are attractive, but make sure you look at the specs

i remember the last few laptops were decent models, but processor change, things removed.. so make sure it is what you want or have in mind :)

as for offers, is boh pian.. offers can only get better when the market is competitive. :(

this macbook offer was ard since last weekend. have been thinkin abt it. they din mention abt the RAM. shld be the 1gb version. the macbook retails for $1688. so if its 30 months X $88 = 2640. u see if its worth it lor. i very gian, but i cant justify the purpose owning a macbook... yet. oh yea.. i'm ignoring those mio tv watever stuff they r offering. calculating based on macbook and the BB plan.

anyway, my sch TA advised me against it. he told me take the money buy a macbook or laptop urself better, and recontract to a cheaper plan.

this macbook offer was ard since last weekend. have been thinkin abt it. they din mention abt the RAM. shld be the 1gb version. the macbook retails for $1688. so if its 30 months X $88 = 2640. u see if its worth it lor. i very gian, but i cant justify the purpose owning a macbook... yet. oh yea.. i'm ignoring those mio tv watever stuff they r offering. calculating based on macbook and the BB plan.

anyway, my sch TA advised me against it. he told me take the money buy a macbook or laptop urself better, and recontract to a cheaper plan.

seriously you can do the math,

get the macbook and sell it, and you get a cheap speedy connection for abt $1k for 3 years.

if you contract a $30 per month plan you're talking abt a couple of megabits per second connection.

$88/m, not ex? :sweat:

will almost always work out in your favour :) assuming ONLY and ONLY IF all values are calculated at current basis and remain as such for the 3 year period

quite impossible though, so there are a few issues to consider .

1) if internet plan pricing drop further, which is not impossible for 3 year period.. then you lugi cos you cannot enjoy that lowered price due to contract
2) you cannot escape contract without paying hefty penalty.. so if you have service provider problems, etc.. then jialat

IT shows coming this week, should have better offers is not similar one I guess.

It would be most ideal if you need the MacBook ....
it's like buying and paying it at $50 instalments for 30 months....
and paying about $38 for the connection (if you need a 10Mbps (which is ideal for the mioTV only)...
if it is juz surfing the nets, then a 3Mbps (30 months = $964 or $33pm) is sufficient...

Status
Not open for further replies.