lunch time grapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlepea

Apr 10, 2006
Tampines
;p my collegue bought some grapes from supermarket after lunch. she offered some to me. so i decided to snap down the kindness :D
setup:
1 white A4 paper
Casio EX-Z70
external flash from w810i flash light :bsmilie:
and not forgetting the grapes.

cimg0248sa6.jpg

welcome to shoot me down :sweatsm:

Newbie here :)

Why are you displaying the date ?

I am guessing that is a white background, it looks grey
Playing around with the white balance till you get it, is definitely a good idea
If you get it right, your color seperation will be better

In such controlled settings, you can easily control the shadows
I use a emergency lamp to fill in the shadows, works well :)

What is the idea, behind your composition by the way?

nothing intentional abt the composition actually. wanted to make the 1st grape stand up, but it kept falling to its side. therefore the current position. =D

cimg0248sa6.jpg

welcome to shoot me down :sweatsm:

since u ask for it... :devil:

1) Composition need serious work, too much empty space on 1 side, to shoot something to show, u should position them in the centre.

2) Creativity, to entice me to look, something gotta be special, your shot just lacks of it, its just a point & shoot... and u ask ppl critique, haiz... anyway, if i was to be shooting, maybe i make this 3 grapes look like the Razer logo... like tis...

logo

then add abit more punchy colors on the grapes and stem to bring it out from the background, your pic look very dull...

3) choosing subjects, u see 1 dent in 1 of the grape, u can substitute it with another 1 no defects on that side.

4) shadows, the shadow in this pic is ugly... change lighting position.

(boss call liao... break time... bbl)

hehe... i wonder if i write tis, will tis become another 17 pages anot... but overall, it summarize wat i am going to say.

i only do this when the image is exceedingly bad or when the TS said "shoot him". this thread satisfied both criterias.

hmm thats y i was thinking.. P&S pics shld have a thread of its own. good or bad pic, taken by p&s sure got limitations. though i know my pic doesn't even meet the basic criteria la.. haha
so can i speak on behalf of other p&s camera users? =D

hmm thats y i was thinking.. P&S pics shld have a thread of its own. good or bad pic, taken by p&s sure got limitations. though i know my pic doesn't even meet the basic criteria la.. haha
so can i speak on behalf of other p&s camera users? =D

if i say, i can use your cam and produce results, how would u feel than? hehe... :devil:

anyway, the problem of yours here is not the limitation of the P&S, its the composition, technique and well... subject...

i am more curious...who ate the grapes in the end?

Care to show us with yr P&S den with 3 grapes as subject ? I tink grapes are not expensive to buy :) Just talk no show is a waste of time

if i say, i can use your cam and produce results, how would u feel than? hehe... :devil:

anyway, the problem of yours here is not the limitation of the P&S, its the composition, technique and well... subject...

I agree with DCA. TO make good picture, please choose your "model" carefully and dun blame on the camera.

I wont force a tennis player to play badminton because he/she is not trained for that. Know the limitation of your camera and make good use of it.

Besides the grapes, the green thingies also. Are they valued added? Or they are just ther to spoilt the picutre?

Care to show us with yr P&S den with 3 grapes as subject ? I tink grapes are not expensive to buy :) Just talk no show is a waste of time

y should i use my P&S? the TS should bring his 3 grapes & P&S to me instead... i've already illustrated the idea, its up to him to try.

besides that, u wanna find somebody to quarrel, go elsewhere...

y should i use my P&S? the TS should bring his 3 grapes & P&S to me instead... i've already illustrated the idea, its up to him to try.

besides that, u wanna find somebody to quarrel, go elsewhere...

her! hw many times muz i say. her grapes, thank you. ;p

aiz.. i din even blame my camera for the pic. i also know its nt well taken. i was saying in general, P&S cameras have limitations when compared to DSLR.. can u all pls read properly? :sweat:

though i did ask u all to shoot me down, but at least shoot me with some constructive comments or critiques mah.. not juz keep flaming me that i blame my camera.

give me suggestions, like how to place the grapes.. suggest which direction to put the light.

though i'm not a pro photographer, i also know how to comment by saying
"oh.. your composition is bad. no depth of field. bad angle, bad lighting." and use all the chim chim jargons to show off.

its not constructive. u get what i mean? :dunno:

btw i forgot to add. i saw ur suggestions DCA, but u need to elaborate more.

her! hw many times muz i say. her grapes, thank you. ;p

aiz.. i din even blame my camera for the pic. i also know its nt well taken. i was saying in general, P&S cameras have limitations when compared to DSLR.. can u all pls read properly? :sweat:

though i did ask u all to shoot me down, but at least shoot me with some constructive comments or critiques mah.. not juz keep flaming me that i blame my camera.

give me suggestions, like how to place the grapes.. suggest which direction to put the light.

though i'm not a pro photographer, i also know how to comment by saying
"oh.. your composition is bad. no depth of field. bad angle, bad lighting." and use all the chim chim jargons to show off.

its not constructive. u get what i mean? :dunno:

then u should go read up liao... no point i spoonfeed u in a critique section rite... i only give suggestions... most, if not all, might find it sufficient, if u really wan me to show u, then u have to bring your cam and the 3 grapes to me, not that if i offer suggestions then i still must go all the way out to help u rite... others who think that i should shut up, please, go think about it, if u guys can't offer any advice, the least u could do is to shut someone down with suggestions for the TS already.

anyway, u can pm me a time, maybe somewhere convenient, then we have a sharing session... maybe u can come my place, i show u how to do 1... its really up to u... but of course, my convenience too....

i think i accidentally deleted the thank you at the back of my last post.

but anyway, the post wasnt to shut u down.

i think its more for those who juz banish ppl's work to hell.

i hope i can take this chance to remind all u above average photographers / pro photographers out there.

u were once a newbie also.

i think i accidentally deleted the thank you at the back of my last post.

but anyway, the post wasnt to shut u down.

i think its more for those who juz banish ppl's work to hell.

i hope i can take this chance to remind all u above average photographers / pro photographers out there.

u were once a newbie also.

Ya lah, i also say mah, no point saying your P&S cannot make it, its how u work around... actually i think its somehow easier to shoot with P&S instead of DSLR.

U wan, i can teach/show u, but dun expect me to write a thesis and spoonfeed u, if i show u, u'll remember it for life, and we can experiment a few different style together... if i write, i can only write 1 style, and its going to be super long essay.

I never wanna slam u also rite... if i wanna slam u, i won't even give u such a long essay... my slamming u won't wanna try... so far none kena in CS yet...

problem is from the start of thread, i din blame my p&s for the bad pic. pls read #8.

i've tried using a DSLR and i love the ability of having the DOF effect. which is something my p&s can't give me.

problem is from the start of thread, i din blame my p&s for the bad pic. pls read #8.

i've tried using a DSLR and i love the ability of having the DOF effect. which is something my p&s can't give me.

instead of achieving a DOF effect to get 1 grape clear & 2 grapes blur, y not u look from another angle, since P&S can render all sharp, u take all 3 grapes sharp? true?... there are ways to make a subject blur using P&S, 1 way is by lighting... have u tried putting a plastic sheet, with a strong lightsource underneath, then another strong light source above, and u shoot? it will create a nice effect also. i've just found my fluorescent bulbs, long time no use, and i have some handles i never use... wanna try can give it a try...

Anyway, less move on from the P&S thingy... no point we both harping on it til death do us part...

Status
Not open for further replies.