Lunar Eclipse!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
duhduh83 said:
i wonder wat sort of equipment i'll need to shoot a lunar eclipse? :think:
a super-telephoto at 400mm?

also, i noticed that in some areas of singapore the moon at night was exceptionally big whereas if you travel to some other areas the moon is relatively smaller. I noticed this because one day I was travelling home and when I compared the moon from where I started out from to the destination, the moon was seen to be smaller. Is there a scientific explanation for this? If so, there could be some areas which are the best spots for taking pictures because the moon is seen to be relatively larger and hence we do not really need a really long telephoto. i guess. furthermore, the larger moon that i saw was much brighter and appears to be much closer to me. really nice....

cheers. :thumbsup:

The higher the zoom, the bigger the moon and better the details. :bigeyes:

The answer to your big moon at horizon.
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/bigmoon_000105.html

duhduh83 said:
also, i noticed that in some areas of singapore the moon at night was exceptionally big whereas if you travel to some other areas the moon is relatively smaller. I noticed this because one day I was travelling home and when I compared the moon from where I started out from to the destination, the moon was seen to be smaller. Is there a scientific explanation for this? If so, there could be some areas which are the best spots for taking pictures because the moon is seen to be relatively larger and hence we do not really need a really long telephoto. i guess. furthermore, the larger moon that i saw was much brighter and appears to be much closer to me. really nice....

cheers. :thumbsup:
Hi,
It's an illusion... the size is always the same... try this next time when you feel the Moon is "bigger": fully stretch out, at one arms length and use the your index finger to compare to the Moon. The moon will be slightly smaller than the size of your tip of your index finger. Try this again when you feel the Moon is "smaller"... then you'll see that the size is always the same. :p

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.