Lunar Eclipse June 16,2011

wasak2000

Nov 30, 2010
Choa Chu Kang, Singapore, Sing
looking for buddies to shoot the Lunar eclipse with (weather permitting) its starts 0220 end at 0600 anyone interested?

nice thats one... any suggestions for a location? mark it in your calendar and we will check the weather a day before prior to deciding if its a go

Hello,

Are there any more details? Where to meet? Science Center? Etc?

Thanks.

Hello,

Are there any more details? Where to meet? Science Center? Etc?

Thanks.

No details yet... place still to be determined by consensus suggestions are welcome wherever is the most convenient for most of the people coming and of course we are weather dependent so i guess everything will be finalized a day or two before the event

I'm also interested, but depends on location.

im game. but depends on location. im up north.

interested. depending on the location though..

what lens can be used for this lunar eclipse?

Dudes the eclipse happens at moonset, so you will need a place with clear view of the western horizon. Focal length of 2000mm will be just enough to frame the entire moon on 35mm film. 200mm with 100% crop may be ok, but dont expect to see much details on the moon.

I'm game too but need to know where is the location

Just to clarify, it starts in the morning of 16 June at 2.20am to the morning of 16 June 6am right?

Eclipse begins at 2:23 AM on June 16, 2011

Total Eclipse begins at 3:22 AM
Total Eclipse ends at 5:03 AM

Eclipse ends at 6:02AM

If go then must rent zoom lens liao...;)

location ECP. easy for parking. Anyone on?

Just wondering..is there any possible place to catch it from the east if it's pointing to the western hemisphere? Would be the same location like a sunset? (ie Punggol Beach)
I would like to shoot this but being a work day..maybe just go out for 1 hour and shoot and i live in the east so…need to find an eastern location to shoot…Pasir Ris Beach? Punggol Beach? Anyone knows?

hmm i only a measly 55-200mm, took before but must crop. will it suffice? duno my area bukit panjang can see anot.

Dudes the eclipse happens at moonset, so you will need a place with clear view of the western horizon. Focal length of 2000mm will be just enough to frame the entire moon on 35mm film. 200mm with 100% crop may be ok, but dont expect to see much details on the moon.

need what lens to shoot haha

refer to these threads:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/889624-Advice-on-Moon-Shooting-Gear?highlight=moon

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/886662-Moon-shots-gone-wrong