Singapore timing:

Partial Lunar Eclipse
8 Spetember 006

Eclips begins at 0042 with penumbral contact
At 0205, umbral contact
0337, umbral contact ends
0500, eclipse ends

Greatest eclipse at 0251

errr, singapore is in the night at 0205, how do we get to see the sun kana block by the moon when there is no sun:dunno:

compro_1975 said:
errr, singapore is in the night at 0205, how do we get to see the sun kana block by the moon when there is no sun:dunno:
I believe that's a SOLAR eclipse u're talking about. :bsmilie:

redstone said:
No ome interested?

Hi Redstone,

I'm keen cos never really did try shoot either a lunar or solar eclipse before. But checking my scehdule, i would be working on that day at that time.. :(
Do take some good sots and share it on the forum with us! Tks again for the invi! :)

hi redstone, i guess most ppl will hav 2 crop alot of d pic 2 visibly d moon up close... :sweat:

if shooting on film d moon will look like a dot. :(

yilishengxian said:
I want shoot the eclipse. Looking for members to organise :).

Wheeeeee .... :bsmilie:

Im shooting at Sydney....:bsmilie: maybe got better view there....:bsmilie:

stingrey said:
Happy trip and shooting there fren.

Thanx Stingrey....;)

Hope I can shoot the Eclipse.... but still need to crop alot if want to shoot .... some ppl might use 300mm or 400mm with 2 x 2X TeleConverter to shoot.... like dat can get veri close shots.... tripod is a must lol.... :bsmilie:

redstone said:
No ome interested?

i'm keen, but your original post did not seem like an invitation, more like "FYI".

Experienced moon-shooters (or anyone who knows the answers):
- What focal length do i need?
- Are telescopes (with camera mount) available for rent? Where, how much?

TIA.

2 x 2x + 300mm? That would bring me to f11 wide open, and i'd probably need to stop down 2-3 stops to offset the teleconvertors' degradation? Sounds tough, BUT i will TRY. :lovegrin:

ST1100 said:
2 x 2x + 300mm? That would bring me to f11 wide open, and i'd probably need to stop down 2-3 stops to offset the teleconvertors' degradation? Sounds tough, BUT i will TRY. :lovegrin:

Go on try man.... if can get good good pic must post hor.... ;)

wah... must share some pics... my lens no big enuf... haha

any ideas where is a good place to shoot?

redstone said:
Any place where the moon could be seen. No idea in which direction though:)
i'll be taking note of the position of the moon a few nights before the eclispe just to make sure and scout out a good high location for the shoot. most prob a HDB block. :)

ipin said:
i'll be taking note of the position of the moon a few nights before the eclispe just to make sure and scout out a good high location for the shoot. most prob a HDB block. :)

Good idea. Should look for a spot with minimum stray light too.

Bedok Reservior, 8th Sept, anyone interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.