Lumix TZ7 versus Finepix F200 EXR

Status
Not open for further replies.

LavenderTea

Feb 8, 2008
Dear experts,
I'm bit torn btw the 2 cameras.... love the zoom range provided by lumix TZ7 but heard that the noise level is pretty bad even at low ISO, is that so ? How bad is it ? will it show up in night shots and when the photo is blown up ?
Was quite set to buy TZ7 but persuaded by the sales rep to buy Finepix F200EXR cos' it has won many awards...pls advise, thanks !:embrass:

Both are pretty good cams actually. Noise can be cleaned up using noise reduction softwares. With a 12X zoom, The TZ7 is really a great cam especially for travel purpose. But don't expect exceptional picture qualities from cameras with great zoom.

So it still voices down to what you need. Better picture quality or longer zoom. With a shorter zoom, you can crop your pictures to give you a bigger magnification but this will be compromise with image quality and noise as well, so it's back to square one. However, for shorter range, you may find that the Fuji's quality may be better.

Personally, I would prefer a longer zoom range and would consider the Sony H20 and the Panasonic TZ7.

Thanks... I quite convinced now learning i can reduce a bit of noise post production... I really can't bear to give up the zoom lens...now set in getting the TZ7

Wow...good memory...
Yes... still using A200... but wanted something for the rest for my family to use too... and this is easy to pack when I travel overseas for work.

Wow...good memory...
Yes... still using A200... but wanted something for the rest for my family to use too... and this is easy to pack when I travel overseas for work.

Ha...ha. Thanks.
Agree that a compact cam will be useful for the rest of the family to use and for convenience. I have 2 compact for my wife and kids too. :)

Maybe we can have an outing one of these days. BTW, have you signed up for the Alpha 2 celebration?

Thanks... I quite convinced now learning i can reduce a bit of noise post production... I really can't bear to give up the zoom lens...now set in getting the TZ7

Why the TZ7 and not the TZ5 or TZ6? I was also researching but found TZ7 quite expensive (now) and also the video will eat up a lot of memory/battery juice.

If lower the requirement to 10x zoom, The TZ5 would be around 2/3 or 1/2 price that of Tz7. I found amazon TZ5 selling at USD $220 and add about SGD $30 you can get it into Singapore.

Would fuji beats lumix handsdown in low light condition? Like evenings gatherings outside the lobby, around the garden etc?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.