Lumix FZ-what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michhy

Oct 21, 2005
:embrass: urm.... I'm seriously considering a lumix as my next upgrade. I'm still confused as to which one to get. The few in my considerations are:

FZ-5
FZ-10
FZ-20

I'm not really clear what are the differences between the few. Reading too much reviews is beginning to confuse me. Which has the largest LCD screen by the way? Which has the smallest body? What about most affordable? Thanks all... ;p

Suggest you remove FZ-10 our of the consideration as the FZ-20 is an upgrade of FZ-10. Between FZ-20 and FZ-5, go to Best Denki at Taka and try them out yourself. They are less than 10 functions different but I suggest that you try holding them to feel the difference in size.
I chose the FZ-20 for the larger size and hot-shoe over the smaller FZ-5, which has fast focus function. For function wise, go to www.dpreview.com and compare them side by side.

edwinong said:
Suggest you remove FZ-10 our of the consideration as the FZ-20 is an upgrade of FZ-10. Between FZ-20 and FZ-5, go to Best Denki at Taka and try them out yourself. They are less than 10 functions different but I suggest that you try holding them to feel the difference in size.
I chose the FZ-20 for the larger size and hot-shoe over the smaller FZ-5, which has fast focus function. For function wise, go to www.dpreview.com and compare them side by side.

Hi Edwin,
Thanks for the reply. I dont need a flash hotshoe. I like to have the smallest possible one. Which is the most affordable? I know Best Genki is very expensive!

michhy said:
Hi Edwin,
Thanks for the reply. I dont need a flash hotshoe. I like to have the smallest possible one. Which is the most affordable? I know Best Genki is very expensive!

Can go to Cathay Photo at Peninsula Plaza, Alan Photo at Sim Lim Square/ Funan or MS Color at Amg Mo Kio.

Prices are much more reasonable there.

Cheers....

michhy said:
Hi Edwin,

what you're looking for is the fz5 I guess. it's like a mini-fz20 without the flash hotshoe and manual focus ring. it's even smaller than the fz1 i'm using. :sweat:

how abt FZ30? ;p

sORe-EyEz said:
how abt FZ30? ;p

just came out. read about it at CNET Asia minutes ago.
I like the big LCD screen! :)

The FZ-5 is a winner so far, but I dont think I can take the 1.8" LCD screen. My current camera has a 2.5" and I like it so much :sweat:

michhy said:
Hi Edwin,
Not asking you to buy from Best Denki lah. They have display set. Go there and test out lah.

edwinong said:
Not asking you to buy from Best Denki lah. They have display set. Go there and test out lah.

actually already have :sticktong FZ-5 feels so compact! :)
but I really dunno about the 1.8" LCD screen. too tiny to view photos with :eek:

jus like 2 point out my preferance on FZ30, its :thumbsup: :thumbsup: !!

sORe-EyEz said:
jus like 2 point out my preferance on FZ30, its :thumbsup: :thumbsup: !!

how much you got it for? :eek:

michhy said:
how much you got it for? :eek:

sorry i dun own an FZ30. tested it in d prev IT Fair. i am using a Caono film SLR- EOS300X.

EOS300X vs FZ30. i prefer d handling of FZ30. wad i like abt FZ30?

. manual zoom is fast & accurate (saves batt power oso)
. i oso like d front & rear mode dials
. no need filter adaptor, jus fix it on directly
. no need 2 wait 4 lense 2 zoom out during start-up
. neat layout of buttons & controls

consider FZ5 for its compact size.

consider FZ30 for its superb of handling.

OMI, i'll hav left FZ10 & FZ20 out. best if u can go 2 a shop & try them all out!! :)

michhy said:
actually already have :sticktong FZ-5 feels so compact! :)
but I really dunno about the 1.8" LCD screen. too tiny to view photos with :eek:
Tested both as well. Got big hands so had problem gripping FZ-5 and went with the FZ-20.

fz30 is out of my consideration, too much noise even at iso200. the advantages for fz20 are f2.8 throughout the zoom range and bigger ccd. hotshoe is optional, for me it is very useful...
cheers

Hi guys, any ideas on the price difference between a new fz5 and fz20?

cheeshion said:
fz30 is out of my consideration, too much noise even at iso200. the advantages for fz20 are f2.8 throughout the zoom range and bigger ccd. hotshoe is optional, for me it is very useful...
cheers

sorry just saw your comment and was curious, are u saying that the fz30 has more noise than the fz20(or even the fz5) at higher iso ranges???

deciding between the fz-5, fz-20 & fz-30 as well, wondering which one can handle low lighting the best(or the least badly).

I think you are set on getting FZ5 already...welcome to the club.

dominator said:
I think you are set on getting FZ5 already...welcome to the club.

got free door gift? :bsmilie:

kidding... :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.