Lumix FX users

Status
Not open for further replies.

studmufn

May 16, 2004
How do i manually set the shutter speed?
Using FX8 and i can't seem to find the setting for that. Annoying cos my cats and dogs keep moving and i need fast shutter speed for that..
I try not to use the preset modes cos i can't adjust the white balance.
Am i right or am i missing something?

hmm.. then how am i supposed to take shots of moving objects? i've played ard with everything that i can already but it's still not satisfactory. ISO, exposure, preset modes etc..

Hexlord said:
The FX8 does not have a manual setting for the shutter speed.

Hope that helps.

studmufn said:
hmm.. then how am i supposed to take shots of moving objects? i've played ard with everything that i can already but it's still not satisfactory. ISO, exposure, preset modes etc..
U cannot manually set shutter speed on FX8. For moving objects, your best choice is to manually set a higher ISO (eg ISO400), on the OIS (mode 1), aim and half press the shutter button, until it lock focus and then press the shutter down to take the photo.

not sure if i'm ****-eyed, but i can only set white balance manually when in 'manual' mode.
anyway i'm getting a powershot, lack of manual controls really very frustrating.

melvinmah said:
how about using sports mode?

Yup. always get camera at least with manual control of shutter speed, aperture and ISO setting unless the camera is just for casual usage. :D Cheers!

studmufn said:
not sure if i'm ****-eyed, but i can only set white balance manually when in 'manual' mode.
anyway i'm getting a powershot, lack of manual controls really very frustrating.

well if you did your research properly you would have known the FX series of Lumix do not have manual settings and only the FZ and LX ones does. THe FX is an, er, put it to say 'a fashion' camera. Something that rivals the Canon's Ixus series.

As far as i know only the LS2 has manual settings but that ain't in SG yet ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.