Lumix DMC-FZ35 or Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

Which Super Zoom??

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seeto

May 28, 2003
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Visit site
Which one will you get? Lumix DMC-FZ35 or Canon PowerShot SX20 IS ?

I'm contemplating between the above two... Anyone compared both before?

Thanks!!

Personally, I would go for the Canon :thumbsup:

1) Canon have always made their own good lens (not something made under license to a company)

2) Canon have always been known for good quality photo's through all their cameras.

3) I believe that Canon are the best at image stabilization (lens style).

4) Canon do not "CHIP" their batteries :thumbsup:

5) The number of Canon users vs Panasonic users of this style of camera is far greater.

6) Just my view ;)

Cheers :)

Which one will you get? Lumix DMC-FZ35 or Canon PowerShot SX20 IS ?

I'm contemplating between the above two... Anyone compared both before?

Thanks!!

If you post this in Canon forum, you might get different result, haha...

Had chance to test SX20 IS, for me... if soley talking about zoom, 18x and 20x doesn't make a big difference.

I'm quite inclined towards the Canon SX20IS cos of its Stitch function which the Lumix does not have. I'm quite addicted to stitching photos when i'm out and about and seeing sights.

I tried the Sony HX1 the other day and their paranoma function is really good! just press and pan! But that will only work for certain instances like lanscapes taken in the day. For low light paranoma will be more difficult.

Personally, I would go for the Canon :thumbsup:

1) Canon have always made their own good lens (not something made under license to a company)

It's Leica. What are you flapping about? I would say anyone with a decent pile of cash would go with Leica any day.

Last edited:
hello all!~ may i know what's e best price and bundle for FZ35?

got several quotes from SLS, cheapest was $590... of course i haven't chucked the word "nett price" in their faces yet, you could well be facing GST...

I am interested in FZ35 too.

I went to SLS last weekend for check the price and the price as following:

Camera Talk in SLS quoted in SGD 499.00 (Before GST) and comes with 8gb card & lumix case.

Some other shops in SLS quoted me at more than SGD 640.00 (After GST) and also and comes with 8gb card & lumix case.

This review (http://light-reviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=644) might be useful to you, it's from a real consumer's perspective.
Cameralabs have been known to be biased to Canon stuff in the past. There was a review a while back on one of the Canon models when they did a comparison on movie mode, but took videos in different environments giving the Canon false impression of having better audio/video quality.

I am interested in FZ35 too.

I went to SLS last weekend for check the price and the price as following:

Camera Talk in SLS quoted in SGD 499.00 (Before GST) and comes with 8gb card & lumix case.

Some other shops in SLS quoted me at more than SGD 640.00 (After GST) and also and comes with 8gb card & lumix case.

Camera Talk in SLS?? Read this....!!!!

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...56#post6400456

Goodness... heard too many 'horror' stories from SLS liao. I no longer go to SLS to buy camera stuff.