Lumix 7-14mm WA Lens Filter Adaptor

SHLEW

Oct 22, 2009
Teck Whye
Hi,
Like to share a DIY Cokin Filter holder to fit the Lumix 7-14mm WA lens which I believe is not
available in the market. All parts required are listed below.

1. Plastic ring to fit lens hood (from "SKIPPY" peanut jam bottle cap). Cut off the blind end.
2. 2mm thick X 4mm width foam rubber strip. Cost about S$2.00.
(Cut from foam rubber sheet available from hardware shop).
3. Cokin 'P' holder (made in China) S$3.00 (ebay) S$10.00 (local shops)
4. 77mm Adaptor Ring to fit Cokin 'P' holder (made in China) S$3.00 (ebay) S$10.00 (local shops).
5. Bosch super glue S$3.50.

Here's how its done:
Cut the blind end of the plastic cap with a sharp handywork knife, to form a plastic ring. Trim internal
edges of the cut line. Grind or trim off cap internal screw thread ridges. Glue rubber foam strip to
both internal edges of plastic cap to form two internal rings. Glue 77mm Cokin adaptor ring to
external edge of plastic cap.

The finished unit is shown below attached to the Lumix lens.

Hope the above is useful to Lumix users.
Cheers.
LEW

Lumix%20WA%20lens%20Adaptor-1.jpg

very nice work! i had this idea too and intend to do one for my Samyang 14 F2.8, but i will have to trim the filter holder to make it bigger instead of using a diy plastic rim inbetween.

spray the skippy black and no one will know this is DIY. excellent

Well done uncle Lew!

One suggestion, is to spray paint (or brush paint) the skippy cover black. This is to prevent light leaks through the translucent blue plastic.

how does the blue plastic attaches to the hood of the lens, by friction as the plastic is tight-fitting, or by glue? i'm also looking for a way out before getting 7-14mm

Just recently got a 7-14mm. looking forward to an updated manual of this if possible! :p

ups this thread. anyone tried it on RF 75 system? thinking of using it on my 7-14mm

good job. but i wonder why manufacturers dun wanna make such filter. im lazy to customize lol