LumiQuest Soft Screen, is it good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernier

Dec 14, 2005
Is this diffuser for pop-up/built-in flash really helps to softens harsh shadows? Will I get a big difference using this or still recommend using an external flash with a diffuser?

I found one a cathayphoto selling at $20
http://www.cathayphoto.com.sg/specialoffers/?p=4

I'm planning to use it on my friend's upcoming wedding day...

Nohting will ever beat an external flash but i suppose it would help a little. I'd rather just DIY one though. If its for a wedding then external is a MUST unless you are really under severe budget constraints or you are just shooting the wedding for fun (not the paid photog)

bernier said:
Is this diffuser for pop-up/built-in flash really helps to softens harsh shadows? Will I get a big difference using this or still recommend using an external flash with a diffuser?

I found one a cathayphoto selling at $20
http://www.cathayphoto.com.sg/specialoffers/?p=4

I'm planning to use it on my friend's upcoming wedding day...
Yes.. It softens teh shadow to a certain extent but also at the same time reduce the range of your flash. I don't think you will want to use it for wedding shoots. There is definitely not enough reach.

lsisaxon said:
Yes.. It softens teh shadow to a certain extent but also at the same time reduce the range of your flash. I don't think you will want to use it for wedding shoots. There is definitely not enough reach.

agree, it also drains ur batt unnecessorily. :(

:O :( my bad, but may be we will still try it hehehe

sORe-EyEz said:
agree, it also drains ur batt unnecessorily. :(
Yeah.. because the flash needs to work harder..

The popup flash already have such a short range.
you are just shortening this range more with the screen.
My advice would be to get an external flash.(rent or buy, is up to you)
Another way is to use big apperture lenses; f2 and bigger.( but DOF control is essential, an you will miss out on the group shots)

All the latter would only apply if you are not the official and only photographer.

Status
Not open for further replies.