Lumi-quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiat

Sep 29, 2003
Does any one use this before? I saw it at CP Penisular Plaza.

chiat said:
Does any one use this before? I saw it at CP Penisular Plaza.

yes, i've used one before, what do u want to know?

I just wonder how good is it compare to Omnibounce.

Coz thinking to buy one to fit onto my PZ4000AF.

Had search over the homepage, dun know which one to choose.

Thanks.

Astin said:
I also have the Lumiquest, both the 80/20 bouncer and the mini softbox. You like?

Can this fit any type of flash? How much dya wanna sell it for? :)

chiat said:
I just wonder how good is it compare to Omnibounce.

Coz thinking to buy one to fit onto my PZ4000AF.

Had search over the homepage, dun know which one to choose.

Thanks.

omnibounce and lumiquest bouncer serves two different purposes, they cannot be compared side by side to see which is better.

Mylau... can u advise me on the different application on lumi and omni?

Thread moved to General, Reviews/Previews, Technical Discussions.

sesame_street98 said:
Can this fit any type of flash? How much dya wanna sell it for? :)

sesame, these lumiquest thingie fits onto any type of flash using velco tapes. Sorry I am not selling cos I need to use them sometimes for my model shoots.

In my opinion, they are definitely not cheap. The 80/20 is like a mini reflector and bouncer together, it lets 80% of flash light reflect to the subject's face, and 20% of light bounce through the ceiling. The mini-softbox is just like a mini soft box, it enlarge the size of the flash light source (not the power), so it will create less shadow.

I am not exactly familiar with the omnibounce, but I guess it is to be used with a wide angle lens so the flash can cover a wider area.

Astin said:
sesame, these lumiquest thingie fits onto any type of flash using velco tapes. Sorry I am not selling cos I need to use them sometimes for my model shoots.

Oops :embrass: I tot u r selling.
But anyway any idea from anyone how much 80-20 cost? of the softbox? where can i get them?

sesame_street98 said:
Oops :embrass: I tot u r selling.
But anyway any idea from anyone how much 80-20 cost? of the softbox? where can i get them?

I remember they were selling at about $150 at Cathay few years back. You can join next Wed SEED and ask the Clubsnap big brothers to help you for a better price.

mylau said:
omnibounce and lumiquest bouncer serves two different purposes, they cannot be compared side by side to see which is better.

Err.. mylau, I have some queries the difference between the Lumiquest, OmniBounce, Softbox and 80-20 if u dun mind. If u could please list what they do and what effect each achieves and for what type of photography.

I gathered that the Lumiquest diffuses light (I have a borrowed one with me but I have not had the time to use it) while the OmniBounce is meant for bouncing the flash off the ceiling? How much different is that? I had rather poor results from the OmniBounce using a Minolta 3500xi. Some bros here tell me that my flash is too weak. GN<30.

What does the softbox do, I mean why enlarge the light source? What purpose does that serve? How does it affect the GN?

The 80-20 according to Astin allows 80% of light to hit the model's face and 20% to bounce off the ceiling. Is that all it does? Why this ratio? What effect do u get? Wouldn't a Lumiquest do? I gather that u just want a diffused source of light?

Thanks a lot!!

bearycute said:
Lumiquest

Try the link... hope that helps...

Thanks!

BTW, the pic in your avatar......... the vignetting around the baby girl....... is it natural from the lens/hood or was it photoshoped? I like the effect......... quite cool and retro like some of those shots on the old movies as the movie closes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.