Lucky Plaza Horrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickwee

Jun 1, 2009
Hi all,

I'm a newbie and I just got my 500D today from Lord (Lucky Plaza). woohoo!

I would just like to advise all new buyers out there to beware of some of the electronic shops in lucky plaza. I won't mention names, but a couple of these shops are clearly out to squeeze your pockets!

For example, I was quoted $900 for a 450D (which is really cheap). The shopkeeper then started to try to sell me all sorts of accessories/ memory cards. Which were WAY beyond the standard prices.(He tried to sell me a standard canon bag for $188:think:).. He was basically trying to make up for the cheaper SLR.. When I declined, he raised the price of the camera to $1000, saying I needed to pay $100 extra for the warranty.

So beware!! Check if the quotes consist of all the standard KIT items, eg, memory card, warranty... Usually a couple of shops will quote you a lower price without these items.

That being said, I found Lords to be really reliable and the guy was really really helpful in advising my choice of camera/ accessories.

Cheers and good luck,
Nick

We all know about these shops. This is well known.

Welcome to CS

If you search in this forum, you will find many same stories posted before :)

Hi,

Welcome to CS !!! :)

In the Consumers Corner section, a few of these shops have been mentioned. Lords are one of those reputable and recommended shops.

Happy Shooting !!!

Hello...welcome. As the others have mentioned. It's all over CS and these shops are off our list of shopping places.

lords is safe

the rest, i would not go near them with a ten foot pole, too used to getting fat from tourists

Welcome. Enjoy your time and participate often!

Although this subject may be long-in-the-tooth for some regulars here, threads keep new-comers well informed, and those interested will appreciate the info. Don't be afraid to name names, not only good experiences. Lords are one of the better examples of decent service around.

I think most, if not all electronic shops in Lucky and Far East Plaza should be off-limits to EVERYONE, especially foreigners. But sibeh weird, even with the bad reputation, those shops still can survive and people STILL go there and buy things. Dun understand :dunno:

My fren actually has a classmate that owns several shops around Orchard road, including one in Far East plaza. All run by bengs, childhood buddies of the boss. Wah piang eh.

I think most, if not all electronic shops in Lucky and Far East Plaza should be off-limits to EVERYONE, especially foreigners. But sibeh weird, even with the bad reputation, those shops still can survive and people STILL go there and buy things. Dun understand :dunno:

cos those who bought mainly are tourists... they dun have much time in their hands to shop for prices ard sg... so just settle for the 'lowest' price they can get at LP. :)

What i the cost of your 450D at Lord ? :D

They quoted $1090 for the 450D with everything GST included.
I bought the 500D for $1250. (standard Kit I)

Cheers

They quoted $1090 for the 450D with everything GST included.
I bought the 500D for $1250. (standard Kit I)

Cheers

Hi..welcome to CS

You've got yourself a good deal for your 500D.

In the 1st place why did you go to Lucky Plaza?
The shops there are famous "choppers"!

There's a Best outlet at Ngee Ann City opposite Lucky Plaza.
It's more reliable there w/o "hidden costs".

If you're so despo to buy a cam in Orchard, Best would be a more reliable choice. :)

In the 1st place why did you go to Lucky Plaza?
The shops there are famous "choppers"!

There's a Best outlet at Ngee Ann City opposite Lucky Plaza.
It's more reliable there w/o "hidden costs".

If you're so despo to buy a cam in Orchard, Best would be a more reliable choice. :)

totally agee on that

i got my 450D from best ngee ann.. standard price but many freebies in bundle.. :D

got it there due to the interest-free installment plans for most of the major bank credit cards. ;)

It's so much more reliable to buy from Best or major retailers if you're new and unsure about cameras.
No monkey business from them.

Don't know why many locals still buy for Lucky Plaza despite tons of complaints.
Buy already then curse and swear? :dunno:

has anybody told them that they are trying to cheat?...if you tell them straight in the face, 'hey, you increase your price here by 100 bucks cause you can't cheat me for the bag right?' i wanna know the reaction.LOL

has anybody told them that they are trying to cheat?...if you tell them straight in the face, 'hey, you increase your price here by 100 bucks cause you can't cheat me for the bag right?' i wanna know the reaction.LOL

tape/film it then post on stomp? :devil: muahahahaha

tape/film it then post on stomp? :devil: muahahahaha

It will be a video of you being threatened and/or beaten up by their thugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.