Lucky Plaza... again...

that guy was one ignorant fella..... Call the police or report lost lor ............. its illeagle to take other's IC card

I would have just trashed the shop right there

Every time i pass by there, i dont have the intention to go in n buy any things. Feels like things over there are super ex. Cause its a tourist area, can chop, they will chop.

Honestly, I don't really mind if a shop in tourist area trying to chop...its the same around the whole world. But chop with some common sense, the buyer also have to know its limit.

Sentosa also charges $4 for a can of coke, 7-11 almost double the price for some of their drinks when 24hr kopitam still selling the same price...is the buyer decision at the end of the day

Btw, how come he have to hand over his IC in the first place? Some more his boss already called the police.

slmka said:
Btw, how come he have to hand over his IC in the first place? Some more his boss already called the police.

It's to pressure you.

Honestly, I don't really mind if a shop in tourist area trying to chop...its the same around the whole world. But chop with some common sense, the buyer also have to know its limit.

Sentosa also charges $4 for a can of coke, 7-11 almost double the price for some of their drinks when 24hr kopitam still selling the same price...is the buyer decision at the end of the day

it's the case of "no other choice available"

would you walk/drive out of sentosa just for a bottle of coke?

or would you walk 5 minutes to the nearest 7-11 as compared to walking 15 minutes to the nearest coffeeshop for the same item?

for the sake of convenience, they can charge higher

Selling things expensively is not a crime.

This shows a lack of interest by the authorities to deal with the matter. Because this is a small case (not like a big drug bust which can boost the careers of the policemen involved).
Because the salesman illegally witheld the customer's IC, he had in fact committed a crime.
The police could have arrested the salesman in handcuffs and brought him down to the station for an interview.

On second thought, maybe the so-called victim + the salesman were in cahoots. They collude to cheat the victim's boss.

Last edited:
Selling things expensively is not a crime.

This shows a lack of interest by the authorities to deal with the matter. Because this is a small case (not like a big drug bust which can boost the careers of the policemen involved).
Because the salesman illegally witheld the customer's IC, he had in fact committed a crime.
The police could have arrested the salesman in handcuffs and brought him down to the station for an interview.

On second thought, maybe the so-called victim + the salesman were in cahoots. They collude to cheat the victim's boss.

and..... the victim would be stupid to actually let his boss call the police... and put himself in hot soup. bravo for the conspiracy theory

Read the details. Does the story stink of collusion? He cannot stop his boss from calling the police. Before the police and his boss turned up, the so-called victim and the salesman realised the game was up. The so-called victim quickly paid the salesman - even though there was clearly no need to do so.

http://forums.vr-zone.com/chit-chat...-extension-plugs-lucky-plaza-eek-chopped.html

QUOTE [
"He told Chen that he had taken the plugs from another shop at a deposit of $45 each. He insisted that Chen must pay for the combined deposit amount of $135. The man also refused to return Chen's IC and NETS card.

Chen had no choice but to call his boss for help.

"My boss said his budget for the plugs is $40. When he found out my IC was confiscated, he called the police to help," Chen said.

While Chen waited for help, the store assistant continued to try to bargain with him and insisted that he pay up as the shop was closing.

"He eventually returned my IC but refused to return my ATM card. I didn't know what to do and in the end agreed to pay him $190," Chen said.

When Chen's boss arrived with the police, Chen had already paid the $190 for three extension plugs.

Chen's boss insisted that the shop should refund Chen and threatened to lodge a complaint with the Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE).

In response, the shop assistant dared Chen and his boss to lodge the complaint. The shop also did not issue Chen a receipt until the policemen requested on Chen's behalf.

Afterwhich, the shop assistant issued Chen a photocopy of the receipt but added the words "The customer agreed to pay the above amount".
] UNQUOTE

I simply cannot understand why would anyone get bullied in that way. So what if the shop hold your IC. Just walk out and make a police report of wrongful retention. There are chop shop bcos there are carrots. Sad but no sympathy.

Clearly in this case, the purchase is on company account. The boss will pay for the plugs eventually.
The so-called victim is his worker and is buying on the company's behalf. He presents the "bill" of $290 and gets reimbursed.

If it was a personal purchase by the worker for himself:
1) the boss cannot be bothered to be involved and call the police.
2) the so called victim would not be so stupid to pay $290 for 4 extension plugs.

The plugs cost say, $30 in total.
Maybe the salesman and the so-called victim will split the difference in the collusion. $290-$30 = $260. Each gets $130.