Lucky I make the switch n bought Pentax

My White K-X too have been hit by heavy rain once at hort-park. It still working like a gem then I sold it off to buy K-5.
Then with K-5, after hit by sea water, I shower with it twice. lol. still working today.

I love kx
Small light handy
Sturdy works in all condition

Easy to approach people due to small size

Everything I need for travel photography and street shots!

I love kx
Small light handy
Sturdy works in all condition

Easy to approach people due to small size

Everything I need for travel photography and street shots!
I agree.. K-x small size makes it less intimidating, it is also light and easy to travel with plus the images that came out from K-x and the 77mm was just wonderful. K-x and a M43 camera are now my travel cameras.

the 7D case close....

TS say:
"Free camera cleaning service inclusive of interior, exterior, viewfinder, sensor and contact points! No corrosion found, nothing's changed. All charges waived on goodwill!"
"They say I ish suay until cannot, haha. The sealing is OK just that maybe one drop of water managed to seep in. The technician also say my camera very well maintained, should not have any fault one. Then I ask got charges not, he say 120. So I told him my situation and request for the charges to be waived off. He also said his piece la, like weather resistant is not weather proof which I totally understand la."

and no more shooting in rain already...

the 7D case close....

TS say:
"Free camera cleaning service inclusive of interior, exterior, viewfinder, sensor and contact points! No corrosion found, nothing's changed. All charges waived on goodwill!"
"They say I ish suay until cannot, haha. The sealing is OK just that maybe one drop of water managed to seep in. The technician also say my camera very well maintained, should not have any fault one. Then I ask got charges not, he say 120. So I told him my situation and request for the charges to be waived off. He also said his piece la, like weather resistant is not weather proof which I totally understand la."

and no more shooting in rain already...

aiyoh... so many contradictions - sealing is ok, but 1 drop of water got in... WR is not weatherproof, but the camera wasn't even used in very adverse weather in the first place... just light drizzle.

just call a spade a spade la. it is not even weather resistant *period*

i saw the thread... just didn't want to reply there cos its pretty obvious to me that the regulars there feel that this is an "acceptable and amicable resolution of the problem"... i dun disagree but i also feel that its a problem that shouldn't have happened in the first place.

pentax is not without its flaws but at least when they say WR, they mean WR.

i suppose if i could wish for the best of both worlds, i would want pentax level of WR + canon level of after sales service :bsmilie:

That is wat i think too...
that TS think and read up that it is weather resistant and paid for it... now after sale, it is not...
he is suay to get a lemon set... but why there is nothing fix/change... just some cleaning and case cloes...

i think next time(if got chance), if i go buy k-5 will bring a bottle of water... water the new cam before i paid for it...

That is wat i think too...
that TS think and read up that it is weather resistant and paid for it... now after sale, it is not...
he is suay to get a lemon set... but why there is nothing fix/change... just some cleaning and case cloes...

i think next time(if got chance), if i go buy k-5 will bring a bottle of water... water the new cam before i paid for it...

LOL, which shop can let u do that? i make sure i dun buy from them :bsmilie:

I brought my old K10D (Now gone) for water rafting with a DA* 16-50mm. Nothing seeped in, and everything was fine. Was able to take photos while rafting down.

Just bought a K-5 barely an hour ago from OP with the original battery grip. Stocks are low for black K-5 now. In fact they had to separate the one i bought from its 18-135 lens... went to SLR and Bally and they said no stock for black.

Now i can feel more confident about the camera when in dusty conditions!

Btw OP did not have a GGS protector. Does anyone know where there should be stock of it or a similar protector?

Just bought a K-5 barely an hour ago from OP with the original battery grip. Stocks are low for black K-5 now. In fact they had to separate the one i bought from its 18-135 lens... went to SLR and Bally and they said no stock for black.

Now i can feel more confident about the camera when in dusty conditions!

Btw OP did not have a GGS protector. Does anyone know where there should be stock of it or a similar protector?

did u ask for the one that is specific to the K5 or any generic one that can cover the 3" LCD?

same thing happened to me some time back. they don't have the K5 one, but they have a generic one that covers the whole LCD. only thing is that it doesn't fit the black border area perfectly.

i just bought the generic one since this has no effect on the camera's operation.

did u ask for the one that is specific to the K5 or any generic one that can cover the 3" LCD?

same thing happened to me some time back. they don't have the K5 one, but they have a generic one that covers the whole LCD. only thing is that it doesn't fit the black border area perfectly.

i just bought the generic one since this has no effect on the camera's operation.

They said the K5 one will fit just right. They offered one meant for a Canon 5D but i decided not to take it... isn't there anywhere else that i can find one? i don;t mind a generic one at all so long as it fits more or less properly.

They said the K5 one will fit just right. They offered one meant for a Canon 5D but i decided not to take it... isn't there anywhere else that i can find one? i don;t mind a generic one at all so long as it fits more or less properly.

thats what i meant - if the 5D one covers the 3" LCD fully, and u dun mind the fact that the edges dun flush with the border exactly, just use it lor... i dunno what model mine was supposed to be meant for, but it fits the LCD. just that it doesn't cover the black border surrounding the LCD. its basically just a piece of glass with a thin black border.

alternative is to go daiso and get the plastic film one to cover it up temporarily while ordering the GGS one from OP.

or if u dun mind buying from ebay, they have both the GGS and the acmaxx type. i've used both before. only thing is that u have to stick it on yourself.

Last edited:
thats what i meant - if the 5D one covers the 3" LCD fully, and u dun mind the fact that the edges dun flush with the border exactly, just use it lor... i dunno what model mine was supposed to be meant for, but it fits the LCD. just that it doesn't cover the black border surrounding the LCD. its basically just a piece of glass with a thin black border.

alternative is to go daiso and get the plastic film one to cover it up temporarily while ordering the GGS one from OP.

or if u dun mind buying from ebay, they have both the GGS and the acmaxx type. i've used both before. only thing is that u have to stick it on yourself.

Hmmm i just checked with sgcamerastore and they have one made by Hercules for $10. I assume that could be no more than the sticker type. Anyway might just use that for the moment until i get a GGS or acmaxx type. I'm gonna need it soon so that's why can't wait for one...

I got the GGS one on ebay from HK, maybe could try it out

Hmmm i just checked with sgcamerastore and they have one made by Hercules for $10. I assume that could be no more than the sticker type. Anyway might just use that for the moment until i get a GGS or acmaxx type. I'm gonna need it soon so that's why can't wait for one...

:) if its any consolation, its a very well built camera and not having a screen protector for the LCD is not a big cause for concern. a camera is meant to be used. as long as u dun violently abuse it, it won't spoil one.

I got the GGS one on ebay from HK, maybe could try it out

Thanks! I might ask someone going there to get it. Is is easy to self install?

:) if its any consolation, its a very well built camera and not having a screen protector for the LCD is not a big cause for concern. a camera is meant to be used. as long as u dun violently abuse it, it won't spoil one.

Ya... that is very true. Never had an issue with the screen on my K-x after a year of use and its just got a sticker protector.

I have tried GGS and Acmaxx (ordered from eBay) but didn't really like either. Especially the Acmaxx due to the price and the rainbow effect (google it and you will know what i mean). I am currently using the Hercules brand for K5/K7 that I got it from Sgcamerastore, I must say that this is way easier to install compared to Acmaxx and no halo rainbow effect till date. Cheers

never saw the need to buy a screen protector

a camera is meant to be used, not to protect it like a manicured piece of golden penchant and look at it from a resale value point of view

lens protection is important tho, as it potentially affects optical quality