Lubitel 166U questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweat100

Jul 7, 2002
Singapore
sweat100.multiply.com
I have some questions for this TLR. It seems that the tripod mount of the 166U is not deep enough to screw in my slik quick release plate. I am using at the slik U9000 tripod. So now when i screw in half way, i already reached the max. Then the camera can rotate on the quick release plate making it not stable at all. Are there any accessories or anyway to lengthen the screw thread of the camera so that it will stay firm on the quick release plate?

There is a film reminder dial on the camera. How to use it? Why are there 3 openings?

And also if i fit the 6x4.5 washer to the viewfinder. Can i close the viewfinder? I had some difficulty in doing so.

Next, what is the diameter of the focuisng lens? it seems to be 20mm or 21mm. Are these odd sizes filter available?

Yes Using Lubitel on my Hama tripod Not a problem

My Lubitel is packed up, and it has been a few years since I used it, but if I remember correctly, the red window is necessary fo you to advance from one frame to the next. When winding, the camera will film will keep winding until you stop. Therefore the window is necessary to when to stop for the next frame. When winding you will be able to see dots on the film backing getting pregressivley smaller untill you reach the numeral that indicates the next fram.Stop there, close the window to prevent light leaks and then shoot. Keep the window covered when not needed. The two red openings are for 6x6 or 645 framing.

My Lubitel was loose on all my tripods. I just kept a washer in the bag and used it as a spacer when I used a tripod.

JayC said:
My Lubitel is packed up, and it has been a few years since I used it, but if I remember correctly, the red window is necessary fo you to advance from one frame to the next. When winding, the camera will film will keep winding until you stop. Therefore the window is necessary to when to stop for the next frame. When winding you will be able to see dots on the film backing getting pregressivley smaller untill you reach the numeral that indicates the next fram.Stop there, close the window to prevent light leaks and then shoot. Keep the window covered when not needed. The two red openings are for 6x6 or 645 framing.

My Lubitel was loose on all my tripods. I just kept a washer in the bag and used it as a spacer when I used a tripod.

Actually how do you use the washer with the tripod? I cant figure that out. Perhaps you attach an image to show it?

So there is a need to cover the film window when finishing advancing? Sheesh.. I have not been doing it all the while... :eek:

hi, do you guys have any resources/links on lubitel cameras? keen to read it up and probably buy a cheap one. :)

z-oal said:
hi, do you guys have any resources/links on lubitel cameras? keen to read it up and probably buy a cheap one. :)

try searching online. i used to have lubitel and remember there are sites dedicated to it alone

surge said:
try searching online. i used to have lubitel and remember there are sites dedicated to it alone

cos i 'googled' it once and came out a russian website on lubitel. thanks! i'll google it again. :)

i walked down pagoda st the other day and found a shop selling antique cameras. a lubitel camera going for $160. is it overpriced?

thanks once again.

sweat100 said:
Hi, do refer to this link http://lubitel-resource.tripod.com/ Its a great place to have all the links on how to use the camera. I believe $160 for this camera is a bit too ex. Usually it is <$100.

hei, i just finished reading up that website! :bsmilie: thanks alot for your comments. i wont buy the $160 then. :)

thanks once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.