LR5 Exporting to Facebook: Resize settings

Eternit

Jun 27, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Hi Guys, if I were to export images from Lightroom 5 to Facebook, what are the settings to set in order to achieve optimum quality?

1) Under File Settings: Quality I put 100, Limit file size Unchecked

2) Under image sizing: Resize to Fit checked, long edge, 2048 pixels.

Are these 2 already at optimum setting? or can I further enhance them? What if I don't check "resize to fit"? And are there other settings to look out for?

Hope someone could advice, did my research and can't get a very good answer. Thanks!

Also facing some confusion when comes to exporting my photos too. Currently under resize to fit, I select width n height. Values all put to 1000 including pixels per inch. File size limit set to max 1000kb (faster upload speed to me).

I know I must be wrong somewhere but image looks good to me on 13" Mac screen, iPhone, 7" tablet. But sometimes when I zoom in on my phone, can be quite blur and rough at the contours. This I suspect due to the low kb jpg?

Hope for advice also from users here.

Also facing some confusion when comes to exporting my photos too. Currently under resize to fit, I select width n height. Values all put to 1000 including pixels per inch. File size limit set to max 1000kb (faster upload speed to me).

I know I must be wrong somewhere but image looks good to me on 13" Mac screen, iPhone, 7" tablet. But sometimes when I zoom in on my phone, can be quite blur and rough at the contours. This I suspect due to the low kb jpg?

Hope for advice also from users here.
Facebook won't display above a certain resolution, supposedly downsizing your picture eliminates the moiré, that's why it looks clear, but because of insufficient details as a result of downsizing and Facebook's compression, the pictures lack details when you zoom in. That's what my friend told me.

The way FB renders and display images is not the best way to showcase one's photographic uploads. Which is why many other dedicated photo sharing websites are much better.

In general: avoid that FB re-sizes or otherwise processes your images. LR5 provides much better quality in that.
Check the file details up other pictures on FB, use these size settings or smaller.