Lowest End Sports Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince123123

Am toying with the idea buying a sports car, but $$$ not that a lot :p anyone can recommend what is a cheap sports car model? last time there used to be the something wrx for ard $120k but now?

any comments would be appreciated.

How about Hyundai coupe? I think WRX cost around 100k now... if i can remember correctly

the subaru wrx now looks quite crappy, loosk similar to a sedan oni.

i'd like something low profile, something flat and close to the ground...

would check out the hyundai coupe...

jimtong said:
How about Hyundai coupe? I think WRX cost around 100k now... if i can remember correctly

hmm.. very diff.. you want sporty look yet want low profile... ;p

I think you would be quite disappointed with the performance of the Tuscani. I test drove before. Looks nice only but performance is very very sadly lacking for it's looks. :D

The Hyundai has quite a decent chassis, but lacks grunt and any presence. I suppose you purpose for driving a SPORT CAR is for the image ? since your requirements clearly didnt state any priorities for real performance.

There is stigma for hyundais here in Singapore, which is a pity really, because the latest coupe does pack some quality and drives well.

If u can afford a WRX, go for it! It looks like a sedan, sure, but anyone who knows cars , (even ahlians) would know its a killer fast car. It drives superb, and has power to probably keep anyone one at the lights away from you. SUre it looks good, if you are tasteful with add ons.

I must recommend the Mazda MX5 though. 2 seater, good looks, very good handling. 6 speed transmission. Plus , its a cabriolet.

i see u cant afford a Crappy rex.. then i suggest u settle for jus a korean made tuscani.. anyway thats wat most sporean wans.. look good but pocket empty.. tuscani suits ur typical sporean character.. no flame needed. thanx.

The 5th gen celicas are beautiful, but I think they're a bit expensive for what you get. MX-5 is a nice car too, but last I saw they were awfully pricey.

well yes the purpose is the image purpose. performance is also good to have, but for now i'm looking at looks first, performance test drive happy then get.

btw no convertibles, i like a low profile hard roof sports car :p

marcwang said:
The Hyundai has quite a decent chassis, but lacks grunt and any presence. I suppose you purpose for driving a SPORT CAR is for the image ? since your requirements clearly didnt state any priorities for real performance.

There is stigma for hyundais here in Singapore, which is a pity really, because the latest coupe does pack some quality and drives well.

If u can afford a WRX, go for it! It looks like a sedan, sure, but anyone who knows cars , (even ahlians) would know its a killer fast car. It drives superb, and has power to probably keep anyone one at the lights away from you. SUre it looks good, if you are tasteful with add ons.

I must recommend the Mazda MX5 though. 2 seater, good looks, very good handling. 6 speed transmission. Plus , its a cabriolet.

oh yah if possible try to recommend models that can be found locally. some models like i can't find on the local websites..or maybe i just missed it :p

the toyota celica does so far, look the closest to what i'm looking for....

keep it coming guys! and thanks so much!

the Honda Integra brand new at Kah Motor going for $90K--not bad price/performance.
The MX5 is a good one too--but its a roadster not a cab.

vince123123 said:
Thanks davsmith,

too bad i'm looking for a car that is NOT a convertible.

but this one seems rather affordable at only 36k....

This one looks really good!

You might wanna try the fairlady? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.