Lower Prices in SLRR - Too Good to be True?

zophob51

Jun 28, 2009
Hi all,

I would like to ask all who have ever bought items from SLRR in Funan this question: I have checked the prices of some shops in Funan, Sim Lim & Pennisula and found that SLRR offers the best prices. For that same area, the price difference between SLRR and the other shops is around $30 to $50 for the equivalent payment method. I am wondering is there any catch? I have confirmed with them the products they sell is genuine local warranty by Canon and prices based of cash terms (currently looking for 5DII with some lenses). Anyone with experience buying items from them to share?

Thanks for any info in advance.

they r 1 of the trusted shops in funan. altho some items may be priced alot lower than other competitiors, some r actually way higher than the others, like when i bought my d300s for instance. they sold 100 bucks higher than other shops like ms color, john 3:16 and alan photo.

so far i had bought stuff from them, n i paid for the price they stated, nothing more. my experience with them is pleasant so far :)

Last edited:
Not abnormal for price to be $30-$50 different, especially for higher priced items. Moreover, some shops are "flexible" in pricing and different saleman of same shop can quote prices that differ by at least that amount on the same afternoon.

The largest difference I got for quotation was $97 for a $1100 lens between the most expensive and cheapest shop, with the rest pretty well spread out in between.

Last edited:
I have bought stuff from them before, and found their prices to be competitive. No qualms about buying from them again.

Of course it always pays to be vigilant.

Hi all,

I would like to ask all who have ever bought items from SLRR in Funan this question: I have checked the prices of some shops in Funan, Sim Lim & Pennisula and found that SLRR offers the best prices. For that same area, the price difference between SLRR and the other shops is around $30 to $50 for the equivalent payment method. I am wondering is there any catch? I have confirmed with them the products they sell is genuine local warranty by Canon and prices based of cash terms (currently looking for 5DII with some lenses). Anyone with experience buying items from them to share?

Their goods is genuine and there's no "any other catch" thingy.

Please note that all prices quote by them is only subjected cash payment.

One more thing I would like to share with you is when you're shopping with them, don't waste your time on bargaining the price.:)

whatever and wherever you are buying, do due diligence. It can be just a few phone call to get a good idea of the price in shops.

Be careful. Read more about this shop in previous CS forums. If they tell you that what you want is out of stock and offer alternatives, never accept.:bigeyes::bigeyes:
Cheers and happy shopping.
LEW

Be careful. Read more about this shop in previous CS forums. If they tell you that what you want is out of stock and offer alternatives, never accept.:bigeyes::bigeyes:
Cheers and happy shopping.
LEW

I don't think that one is SLRR.. I think that one is BULLY, slightly different in spelling, though.. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
I bought from SLRR too. no problems...

I always mention to my friends to do their homework beforehand.
after the money is handed over, it will be too late to cry wolf.

This shop offer one of the lowest prices for local set, both for camera and lenses. Just go in and check it out, if lower then the rest, just grab it. I bought alot of stuffs from them already :)

I just got my Sony A33 from SLRR earlier this week. They quoted me the lowest price, and I would say that their service is not bad.

Furthermore, they changed the memory stick for me on the following day, since the first memory stick was faulty. =)

I think visiting SLRR has been a good experience for me, as well as with many other CSers.
They are quite friendly and helpful too.

certain things are more expensive, but certain items are cheaper.

ultimately, it's up to you to choose the shop u want to patronize

their prices are generally cheaper, though not necessary the cheapest for some. But for their level of customer service level, no qualm about it.

Got the best price quote for my 5d2 from them, went down, got my 5d2, no catch. Bought an additional 3rd party battery to go with it as well. Excellent service from Ray. Don't hard sell nor anything.

Hi all,

So far I haven't seen any complaints.

But shops can change.

So the best way to ensure that you are not being ripped off is to protect yourself from the usual tricks. There are only so many. And be alert, and don't be greedy. $30-$50 is not too bad actually, especially for very expensive items. When they start to sell at say, 30% or more off, then you should be very, very wary.

i got myself a canon 550d from a guy called ray.. very gd service from him..:thumbsup:

Bought my canon EFS 17-55 and b+w filter from there.

Served by Ray. Good service and very patient.

Also let try out 4 other lenses.