Lower Peirce Reservoir

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpguitars

Aug 14, 2006
It was a Sunday afternoon. I wanted desperately to get away from the crowds. It had been a hectic week followed by an equally hectic Saturday. I took a drive to Lower Peirce Reservoir. It was surprisingly quiet. Only two other families playing around but out of earshot. I noticed the boat by the pierside. It was so quiet and still. The water around the boat hardly moved even though there was a slight breeze blowing. Tranquility. Priceless.

86814318.jpg

I like the composure. I think you have the eye for a good picture.
But for me, I feel that it is a little over exposed. The details on the wooden pier seems a little blown and I can't tell if the water is still or or not.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Appreciate your feedback Stoppable. Yah, I agree it looks overexposed. Should have turned it down abit.

It was a Sunday afternoon. I wanted desperately to get away from the crowds. It had been a hectic week followed by an equally hectic Saturday. I took a drive to Lower Peirce Reservoir. It was surprisingly quiet. Only two other families playing around but out of earshot. I noticed the boat by the pierside. It was so quiet and still. The water around the boat hardly moved even though there was a slight breeze blowing. Tranquility. Priceless.

I wonder how the picture would turn up if the boat is captured in full

I feel that picture is overexposed. How does the histogram looks?
Also I would prefer to take it either early morning or late afternoon to catch the orange light from the sun will make this picture outstanding! No comments on the composition.

Maybe to give a meaningful title/theme for your work will also make a difference.

One last comment, try making it Black & White and increase the contrast a bit. This picture I feel will look better in B&W instead.

BTW - I am not a PRO, just like you, I am also learning...cheers! Please feel free to look at my website if they gives you some idea.

Hope this helps.
;)

Hi,
i think the composition is great. I feel that if the color of the water is brought out, the boat can be further enhanced.

The "over exposure" is not too much of a problem although it hit me at second glance. At first glance, I thought it was rather pleasant and you made the white looked very sleek. It's amazing how one can "see" white. But in this case, I feel it was nicely paired with some grey and blues in the surroundings. Maybe you can try monotone, and do some burn and dodge.

Overall an impressive try!:thumbsup:

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your comments. The comments you have given me through this sub-forum has been truly constructive. I appreciate this alot, especially in such a subjective area like photography (the art, not the science). I've seen some of the fantastic work through each of your galleries and am inspired by your efforts to improve on this artform.

Hoping to be more active going forward.

I agree with the comment above regarding putting it in BW. In colour mode, it feels like missing something coz i dont see the water and i cant feel its stillness. If you put in BW, the BW itself tells you the quietness and you wont feel like missing anything. Besides BW, you can put it in another colour tone, green should be fine.

However, the missed details on the wooden piers are a regret. If they could be more detailed, the picture could have been much greater.

Regarding composition, it was actually very good. Shooting a whole boat will take the point out of the picture, IMHO. This is just nice!

Overall a very good attempt and I like it much =)

i'm sorry is this a bw pic? i almost see no color just the strip of the boat.
maybe my lcd doesnt display this color hmm..

it is not a bad idea, and i quite like it actually

the trouble is that i do not like how the planks in the foreground are so overblown

perhaps blending, one shot with less overexposed planks, with this current picture, would be more pleasing to the eye? :)

I like the over exposed... it is what a bright and sunny day should look like...

Status
Not open for further replies.