Lowepro Warranty & BAD services from Cathay Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually in most of the shops there are some salespeople who are really nice and patient, while some the total opposite. on another day the roles may switch simply because of mood, no sales etc ... i guess sometimes it makes us unhappy because lots of money is being spent, and we really expect them to meet our expectations.

actually in most of the shops there are some salespeople who are really nice and patient, while some the total opposite. on another day the roles may switch simply because of mood, no sales etc ... i guess sometimes it makes us unhappy because lots of money is being spent, and we really expect them to meet our expectations.
I understand everyone is entitled to a bad day. I have those myself and understand that feeling. But I think it's much more important to be professional.

Sales staff really faces a lot of stress - being the commandos of the company, serving some really bad customers, need to meet daily quota, sometimes they may be the hardest working but most poorly paid. But this wasn't just a sales staff. He was a manager - which means he was representing the company as well.

as professional (i consider cp sales person professional as compare to the ah beng shops), it is very important to maintain a level of service std. imagine nurse and doctors have mood swing and is it acceptable?

April Fool Joke? Is he trying to pull a fast one? CRAP spotted.... Standard drop lao ? hai ... sad to hear that. Hope TS they will give u a good answer and you get ur deserve replacement.

Just snap a pic of the defect and send an email to lowepro and see what they say.

as professional (i consider cp sales person professional as compare to the ah beng shops), it is very important to maintain a level of service std. imagine nurse and doctors have mood swing and is it acceptable?

Totally agreed with u....

just for yr info..the lifetime warranty for lowepro doesn't apply at sgsin.
the zip is easily replaceable but as for the tear part it is another story.

Lowepro advertise loudly LIFETIME WARR.

Cathay wants to be the distributor in SG selling this world known brand and getting the volume/profits, but doesnt want to give the lifetime warr to cut cost..

can you imagine one day convergent stop giving lifetime warr for rams and memory cards in SG? :bigeyes:

Similarly the new "wonderful" brand they brought in, those who been to china to buy them would know how much CP has crazily increased the price to..

Seriously for possibly the biggest store in SG, they should be abit more customer oriented..

Anyway back to the bag, i got a big one, really need to have the zi fixed as well? any recommendation for 3rd party repair store? thanks :)

I just hope Cathay Photo doesn't turn out into another SLS crap. I only look for Selva in Marina Square.

just for yr info..the lifetime warranty for lowepro doesn't apply at sgsin.
the zip is easily replaceable but as for the tear part it is another story.

as a consumers i think we need to know more. could you pls elaborate on this?

Because when i bought the bag it came with the life time warranty tag. If it isn't life time warranty here in sg i think the tag should be taken out. Its misleading to us as consumers.

Anyway back to the bag, i got a big one, really need to have the zi fixed as well? any recommendation for 3rd party repair store? thanks :)

There is a shop called Morico (or something similar) on Middle Road that repairs luggage and zips. They can repair most anything repairable but don't expect them to be cheap.

There is a shop called Morico (or something similar) on Middle Road that repairs luggage and zips. They can repair most anything repairable but don't expect them to be cheap.

yup, last time "planet travel" at marina square quoted me S$100+ to replace a full length zip for my tatongka back pack (which cost only less than S$50).

LOL... I see Doctors and Nurses having mood swing on a daily basis my friend.

I think the TS should just check with Lowepro on how to get the bag fixed. Anyway, how can the TS be so sure that the person who mishandled the situation was indeed the manager? That person could just jolly well be one of the sales person on duty :dunno:

At the end of the day, the main thing is to get your bag repaired/replace etc. It is unfortunate that the service level was less than satisfactory. You can always look for another sales person there on a day which is less crowded. Try going on a weekday where the crowd is not as crazy.

I hope the TS didn't go into the shop with a typical ugly Singaporean attitude demanding for things. Remember that while we expect relatively good service, as consumers we should also be reasonable :thumbsup:

Hope the TS gets the bag issue resolved soon ...

I think the TS should just check with Lowepro on how to get the bag fixed. Anyway, how can the TS be so sure that the person who mishandled the situation was indeed the manager? That person could just jolly well be one of the sales person on duty :dunno:

At the end of the day, the main thing is to get your bag repaired/replace etc. It is unfortunate that the service level was less than satisfactory. You can always look for another sales person there on a day which is less crowded. Try going on a weekday where the crowd is not as crazy.

I hope the TS didn't go into the shop with a typical ugly Singaporean attitude demanding for things. Remember that while we expect relatively good service, as consumers we should also be reasonable :thumbsup:

Hope the TS gets the bag issue resolved soon ...
Thanks for all the advice.

I was there on a week day. And i went back there 2 times on the same day.
The first time i went directly to the sales man that sold me the bag. But he was busy attending to a customer. So he ask an older colleague to attend to me. Then the colleague ask me to look for the manager. But the manager was busy talking to other salesman.
So i told them is ok, i would come back later because i was developing my photos on the other corner.
Then i went back second time (2 hrs later) looking for the sales man that sold me the bag. Then he brought me to the manager and left me with him. We were standing beside the main entrance having a period of 5-10 mins conversation. We did reason a few points regarding the weight of the bag. We ended things nicely.

Thanks for all the advice.

I was there on a week day. And i went back there 2 times on the same day.
The first time i went directly to the sales man that sold me the bag. But he was busy attending to a customer. So he ask an older colleague to attend to me. Then the colleague ask me to look for the manager. But the manager was busy talking to other salesman.
So i told them is ok, i would come back later because i was developing my photos on the other corner.
Then i went back second time (2 hrs later) looking for the sales man that sold me the bag. Then he brought me to the manager and left me with him. We were standing beside the main entrance having a period of 5-10 mins conversation. We did reason a few points regarding the weight of the bag. We ended things nicely.

Errr...so wat the conclusion? :dunno:

I understand everyone is entitled to a bad day. I have those myself and understand that feeling. But I think it's much more important to be professional.

Sales staff really faces a lot of stress - being the commandos of the company, serving some really bad customers, need to meet daily quota, sometimes they may be the hardest working but most poorly paid. But this wasn't just a sales staff. He was a manager - which means he was representing the company as well.

customer is always right...if they are reasonable.
we pay for the stuffs, they are paid to serve us. fair ma..
we dont spend our moonies to see their moodies lor..save that for after work.

I just want to comment on the point about buying a lot from a shop and expecting good service. It is not wrong for you to have such expectations because 15000 is a large sum for the majority of customers.

Not commenting on CP per se, but to retailers of photographic equipment, 15000 is probably not seen as a lot of money. Unless you bought a hasselblad system or something from one of the shops and continue to regularly spend top dollar, you are most unlikely to receive too much special attention. As someone remarked, they have loads of customers coming to buy things ranging from a few hundred bucks to a thousand dollars or thereabouts on a daily basis. If you bought items over the years that accummulated to 15000, the sales people probably do not even realise that you have spent that much. Not saying that they are right or wrong, that's the reality of the world.

By the way, try Kata bags, they are not bad. :)

Last edited:
He then told me to bring the receipt and he'd have to send the bag back to the China factory to determine whether to replace the strap or the bag entirely or if the damage is caused by wear and tear. When asked how long this process might take, he said he didn't know.

Think TS was describing what happened that day, ie: no conclusion yet. I seriously hope CP is reading this and doing something about it and not taking their good biz for granted. Just seems like the number of complaints against them has gone up, at least from what my friends tell me, and what I read online. Then again, it's been quite some time and no reaction, so maybe they just don't care? At least not enough to recognize the importance of reacting swiftly to rectify the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.