Lowepro vs Crumpler

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyan

Jan 5, 2005
PR
Hi all,

Which brand has a better quality and protection for holding camera, lenses etc....

my vote to lowepro! any day of the week, rain or shine, and i mean that literally....

My vote crumpler (because I just bought one and have never owned a Lowepro :p)

cyber_m0nkey said:
My vote crumpler (because I just bought one and have never owned a Lowepro :p)

You just bought one? Not from CP right... they are no longer the agent.....

kevyan said:
You just bought one? Not from CP right... they are no longer the agent.....
Bought it at TK, the paragon shop didn't have this model (Wickey & Cox), not on display anyway. Bought for $240 for the sole purpose of travel use. I use a shoulder bag the rest of the time - much easier to get access to all the gear withought having to put it down.

cyber_m0nkey said:
Bought it at TK, the paragon shop didn't have this model (Wickey & Cox), not on display anyway. Bought for $240 for the sole purpose of travel use. I use a shoulder bag the rest of the time - much easier to get access to all the gear withought having to put it down.

TK? The on at Shaw Tower....?

Crumpler bag is also so..so...so... expensive...

kevyan said:
TK? The on at Shaw Tower....?

Crumpler bag is also so..so...so... expensive...

But it doesn't look like a camera bag and it has very good security - both important to me when travelling. If you get a lowepro backpack, then you're just screaming "I have a lot of camera equipment on my back. Please come and take it from me."

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

cyber_m0nkey said:
But it doesn't look like a camera bag and it has very good security - both important to me when travelling. If you get a lowepro backpack, then you're just screaming "I have a lot of camera equipment on my back. Please come and take it from me."

cyber_m0nkey said:

You got a point there..... can get one for less than $100 or not... heh heh :sweat:

I prefer Lowepro. Crumpler's Chicken Tex material feels like sandpaper. The first camera bag I ever bought years ago had similar surface roughness and it can actually damage tailored pants or fine cotton shirts with regular usage. But maybe if you wear jeans.....:think:

Tumbleweed said:
I prefer Lowepro. Crumpler's Chicken Tex material feels like sandpaper. The first camera bag I ever bought years ago had similar surface roughness and it can actually damage tailored pants or fine cotton shirts with regular usage. But maybe if you wear jeans.....:think:

jeans are not spared either...

lowepro's inserts are better. crumpler's insert then to trap dust and dirt because they are more woolly.

I just thought that crumpler made camera bags for the more fasion concious. Loewpro dosent hide the fact that you have a camera there but crumplers look like any ordinary bag :D

lowepro is functional. crumpler is colourful and attracts attention. When you walk on the street, does your eye get attracted to a colourful or a matte black bag? (not refering to thieves/robbers, if they are determined no one/bag is spared.)

if you carry a crumpler you will stand out lor, stand out even more with a camera in hand :p. I don't mind, even with a camera in hand, I will still fade into the crowd 'cos no one looks at my black domke. hehe

foxtwo said:
I don't mind, even with a camera in hand, I will still fade into the crowd 'cos no one looks at my black domke. hehe

wah, domke bag lagi kenna robbed (by discerning robbers at least) :p

btw, how's the FE2?

I used to own a Lowepro Mini Trekker, must admit that the interior is quite well planned and easy to access your equipments. But I find the padding quite thin and soft. Of course the design of the bag is quite....erm....ordinary/dull......basically no design.
After using it for half a year, I sold it and bought a Crumpler Shrinkle backpack and a Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home slingbag. While the Shrinkle backpack is quite difficult to access, but at least it offers lots of security. And the padding is much thicker and harder. It also allows you to carry a laptop in a seperate compartments. I feel that the Crumpler backpack seats more comfortably on your shoulder. The main plus point of Crumpler of course would be the design. If you often do shooting out in the city, then Crumpler is the bag for you to blend into the crowd. But if you are a nature photographer, then I think Lowepro would be a better choice.

Btw, my Crumpler bag is black in colour, so it doesn't really attract any attention. If you don't mind attention, then by all means choose the colourful ones.

danster said:
wah, domke bag lagi kenna robbed (by discerning robbers at least) :p

btw, how's the FE2?

oh...~ i think discerning robbers are few & far inbetween.. hahah

OT: it's good. :) have half-roll left of provia 100 in it right now. lord knows when i'll finish it. What's up with you lately?

kevyan said:
You got a point there..... can get one for less than $100 or not... heh heh :sweat:

Wat type u lookin at? (Sling, Shoulder, Backpack, etc..??) :dunno:

hazta said:
Wat type u lookin at? (Sling, Shoulder, Backpack, etc..??) :dunno:

Currently, I am using the Lowepro Stealth Reporter 100AW.... trying to squeeze what I have in it.... untill cannot, then buy lor.....

If I buy, I will by buy the shoulder type, same as my Lowepro... I cannot justify Crumpler's $$$...

Status
Not open for further replies.