lowepro stealth reporter D100AW: help to review

Status
Not open for further replies.

waderbreak

Feb 2, 2009
Hi all

I'm looking for feedback on the lowepro stealth reporter D100AW.
Does anyone have it? Any review ?

Actually I'm looking for one that will suit me for travel and general walk about photography. I know there are many other choices, but I'm looking at that model specifically. Do you think that it will
1) be carryable? (for long distances)
2) easy on the shoulder? (considering it's a sling bag)
3) too bulky as compared to other bags such as domke and crumpler 5 mdh. (seems abit round and fat)
4) easy accessible? in terms of equipment. I went down to CP P to check out the bag and there's a cool zip feature on top, which doesn't look big enough to take out lens smoothly.

Hope we can start some discussion bout this! Thanks.

Probably a canon 40D, 2 lenses (1x uwa,1x17-55), lens hood and a blower, lens pen, batteries, water bottle, a banana, some sweets, maybe for travelling, maps, pen, guide.
Actually that's another question i want to raise haha i wonder what CS members put in their bag for a holiday if it's general travel photography or just walk-around-and-just-take-photos scenario.

Probably a canon 40D, 2 lenses (1x uwa,1x17-55), lens hood and a blower, lens pen, batteries, water bottle, a banana, some sweets, maybe for travelling, maps, pen, guide.
Actually that's another question i want to raise haha i wonder what CS members put in their bag for a holiday if it's general travel photography or just walk-around-and-just-take-photos scenario.

i think it will be a very tight fit for all those items. u can probably put in the 40D with the 2 lenses. waterbottle not possible as well as banana. the inside is not that big. u shld bring ur gear down to the shop to test.

get a D300AW instead...100AW kinda small lor...:)

Yeah D100AW is abit too small if u wanna fit everything but it gives u more mobility. I got alot of barang barang to carry around and I dun want to carry another slingbag so I went with the D300AW. It is rather bulky so dun expect to climb any fences etc with that. If u want big space but easier to carry try lowepro flipside 400AW.

Get a Lowepro D200AW.. but please dont put a water bottle in the same bag as the camera, use a pouch instead.

I just bought a D100Aw today to put my PnS LX3 and a camcorder.

Hi all

I'm looking for feedback on the lowepro stealth reporter D100AW.
Does anyone have it? Any review ?

Actually I'm looking for one that will suit me for travel and general walk about photography. I know there are many other choices, but I'm looking at that model specifically. Do you think that it will
1) be carryable? (for long distances) ok same as other bags
2) easy on the shoulder? (considering it's a sling bag) the shoulder pad slips on my tee shirt even if there is some rubber. :thumbsd: but most brands are like that too. :thumbsd:
3) too bulky as compared to other bags such as domke and crumpler 5 mdh. (seems abit round and fat) quite compact already ...
4) easy accessible? in terms of equipment. I went down to CP P to check out the bag and there's a cool zip feature on top, which doesn't look big enough to take out lens smoothly. zip on top can be used on one DSLR (eg CANON 50D/ sized cam) and a medium sized lens. if attaching base plate/ batt pack under the body ... or carrying another lens/ flash, zip is useless.

Hope we can start some discussion bout this! Thanks.

As above. The strength of this bag is that the exterior is quite solid, and for this model it is small and has lots of small pockets. And plus a weather cover.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.