Lowepro Stealth Reporter 300 AW Big Enough for 70-200mm F2.8 Sigma Lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Dear All,

Just wondering if the Lowepro Stealth Reporter 300 AW bag is big enough for a Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 lens plus a DSLR body, one or two smaller lenses and some extra?

Care to share your experiences with this bag?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers!

it will be just big enough

http://www.7daycameras.co.uk/lenses/sig70200 2.8.htm

this one shows dat the sigma lens is abt 18cm long.

http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Shoulder_Bags/allWeather/Stealth_Reporter_300_AW.aspx

lowepro list the bag as 19.5cm tall. so, u shld be able to squeeze the lens in with 1cm+ to spare. but, 70-200mm is abt 82cm in diameter and plus the tripod collar ring, u might find it a tough squeeze shld u need to fit in another 2-3 more lens, depending on how to arrange ur bag pockets.

hope it helps? :)

yes it can... i'm using the bag with that lens, plus one wide angle, a 50mm, flash, DSLR body. left over a bit of space, but no more for another piece of lens.

Yes it should be big enuff. I am using the old version (Lowepro S&F Reporter 300 AW) and I can fit in one DSLR body, one 70-200mm f2.8 lens w/ tripod collar, a mid size lens (e.g 17-40mm f4L), one 50mm f1.8, and an external flash, along with other small accessories (eg spare batts, CF card) that fit into the smaller pockets.

nightwolf75: Did u get your Sigma 70-200 f2.8 yet? :devil:

Garion said:
nightwolf75: Did u get your Sigma 70-200 f2.8 yet? :devil:

garion :kok: nw75

later i ask espn to force-feed u a lens hood then u know! :bsmilie:

btw.... not sigma lah. no one selling. i trying to secure a deal for a tokina 80-200mm/f2.8 soon. (OT: hope to meet u some day soon! must meet the famous garion...)

Thanks for all the replies :D

Guess I'll be looking for a 300 AW then. Anyone got one for sale ;p

eh.. just to double check.. so it can fit into the bag, with a body ATTACHED to the lens? or no?

lytefunk said:
eh.. just to double check.. so it can fit into the bag, with a body ATTACHED to the lens? or no?

u can. but normally its recommended to store them in ur bag separately. attaching a lens will restrict the amt of usable space left in ur bag.

nightwolf75 said:
haha, remember to tell everyone earlier so that everyone can go down to see :bsmilie:

fengwei, u found your KA-mount 70-200 liao?

quekky said:
haha, remember to tell everyone earlier so that everyone can go down to see :bsmilie:

fengwei, u found your KA-mount 70-200 liao?

Yes, got myself a Bigma already, plus a 1.4x EX converter as well ;)

Cheers!

nightwolf75 said:
garion :kok: nw75

btw.... not sigma lah. no one selling. i trying to secure a deal for a tokina 80-200mm/f2.8 soon. (OT: hope to meet u some day soon! must meet the famous garion...)
Oic...good luck dude...hope you get it! ;)

I asking espn for a free 500mm then I will eat the lens hood. :devil: Alamak I where got famous one....espn is the famous one lar... :bsmilie:

fengwei said:
Yes, got myself a Bigma already, plus a 1.4x EX converter as well ;)

Cheers!
Bigma is referring to the Sigma 50-500mm. You mean you got that lens? If so a Minitrekker might be better, its a big lens! (hence the nick 'Bigma')

Garion said:
Bigma is referring to the Sigma 50-500mm. You mean you got that lens? If so a Minitrekker might be better, its a big lens! (hence the nick 'Bigma')

Then it's my fault :embrass: I meant I got a Sigma 70-200mm ;) Not too much interested in big lenses like 50-500mm at the moment.

Cheers!

Hi Fengwei,
I bought a Mini Trekker AW last mth, I find my compact AW is a bit troublesome for outing coz my one side shoulder very pain lar.. with Mini Trekker my both shoulder are balance up :) No problem for my telephoto lens...

actually consider the 300AW and 400AW, why not just top up a bit for 400AW, just little bit bigger but more space for you to put things (by not squeezing them).

Spyer2 said:
Hi Fengwei,
I bought a Mini Trekker AW last mth, I find my compact AW is a bit troublesome for outing coz my one side shoulder very pain lar.. with Mini Trekker my both shoulder are balance up :) No problem for my telephoto lens...

Good to know that. Acutally I prefer sling bags to backpacks. Easier to change lens I guess. I don't carry too much stuff when shooting out, mostly two to three lenses plus a flash and a couple of filters. So I got myself a Nova 4 AW. Compact AW is not compact at all imo, too big for my gear and size ;)

Nova 4 has better protection than Stealth Report 300 AW and is cheaper too. Don't like the soft cover of Stealth Report's, especially when putting the Sigma 70-200mm lens in.

cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.