Lowepro Flipside 200 or Fastpack 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

antdomic

Oct 5, 2009
Hi all,

Just bought my camera not too long ago, its a canon 1000D with the standard 18mm-55mm, as well as the 75mm-300mm zoom lens. Was thinking of getting a bag and I sort of scaled down to getting a lowepro bag and chanced upon the two mentioned in the title and both fits my needs and budget currently.

Problem is that I can't decide which of the two is best for me since both has its pros and cons, the flipside is anti-theft and has a tripod holder whereas the fastpack has alot more space for my personal items and easy access for walk and shoot. Of course I know there is not one bag that fufills every need, thus which would be good for a first cam bag. Which would you recommend for me, a newbie if I mostly take out the 2 lens abv, camera body? As well as a future addition of a flash unit and cam grip.

I mostly take some family events, scenery/landscape shots. I only bring out the tripod when I take it out for night shots. Would like to gather some suggestions before I head down to the shop. :D

Thanks in advance!

fastpack might not be able to fit a gripped camera. maybe a gripped 1000D, but definitely not a gripped 40D (tested that b4).

like what u said, fastpack allows quick and easy access to ur camera and stuff. another similar one with quick access would be Slingshot 200AW (this one fits a gripped 40D)
Flipside is totally different as u have to put the whole bag down to access ur stuff.

So which fits ur shooting needs?

fastpack might not be able to fit a gripped camera. maybe a gripped 1000D, but definitely not a gripped 40D (tested that b4).

like what u said, fastpack allows quick and easy access to ur camera and stuff. another similar one with quick access would be Slingshot 200AW (this one fits a gripped 40D)
Flipside is totally different as u have to put the whole bag down to access ur stuff.

Carrying a slingshot might get tiring as the weight is borne on 1 shoulder. The bag is also designed to be carried on right shoulder only. Could get sore shoulders after a while.

The 200 will fit a gripped xxD body no problem. My gripped 50D fit in nicely when I used to have that bag.

the tripod holder is useless.I'm using the flipside 300 .A steady tripod cannot fit inside the holder.My tripod cant.Unless you are talking bout those el cheapo ones that comes with a camera.Plus,the tripod pulls you backwards and make it very hard to walk
I have given up on the holder and just hand carry it

Hi all, thanks for the reply. I was actually leaning more towards the flipside, but after lamergod mentioned that the tripod holder can't really handle a decent tripod, I think I might get the fastpack 200 since it has more space for my personal items compared to the flipside, though not sure if the clips that prevents the bag from opening up too much really works. :confused:

The 200 will fit a gripped xxD body no problem. My gripped 50D fit in nicely when I used to have that bag.

oh, i think i made a mistake.. seems like the fastpack i've tested with a gripped xxD is the fastpack 100. 200 will fit the gripped cam. my bad.:embrass:

I'm using flipside.

Everything fits firmly with my 2 lens & 500D, together with tripod.

the anti-theft is rather troublesome due to the fact that you need to put down (at least on your thigh, which i normally do) in order to access inside.
But i'm used to it & i like it as my friend's 1000D was stolen somewhere around citylink during last x-mas where everywhere was packed with people...

Status
Not open for further replies.