Lowepro flipside 200 or 300

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerOyster

May 11, 2008
It's a long shot, but if someone has any experience at all as to whether the following will be able to fit into the flipside 200 please let me know

450D (no grip)
EFS 17-55
Tammy 18-270 (same dimension as EFS 17-55)
430EXII with stofen omnibounce
1x PNS
misc items like filters, blower, lenspens, spare batteries, charger etc.

http://products.lowepro.com/product/Flipside-200,2082,14.htm

The reason why i am asking is primarily because when i look at the product picture from the website, i noticed that the flash needs to be tilted to fit in and the other lens is positioned horizontally instead of vertically (bag standing up as in photo) and i do not think either the 1755 or 18270 will be able to fit in that position based on specs given. i can't think of any other better ways to reposition the pads based on the photo given.

Another assumption would be that it should be able to handle the 190XPRO w/o a problem.

Or would the flipside 300 be a safer bet?

300. I use 450D as well, plus a 300mm zoom lens, lots of other accessories. The bag still has space.

Get the biggest you can afford, as long as the size is comfortable for your use. You may not know what extra accessories you want to put in the bag when you expand your repertoire:D

300...much bigger...

i got 200 and it kinda small lor..

300. I use 450D as well, plus a 300mm zoom lens, lots of other accessories. The bag still has space.

Get the biggest you can afford, as long as the size is comfortable for your use. You may not know what extra accessories you want to put in the bag when you expand your repertoire:D

yeah you do have a point for future expansion, just that i always like things less conspicuous :)

Hey! How much does a Flipside 300 cost?

if your 17-55 and tammy is abt 3-3.5 inch long u can slot them in horizontally. the flipside 200 will fit your gear nicely. for canon 450D u can even fit it in with a grip.

I am using the flipside200 to carry my D80 with or without grip + 17-50 tamron (3.3 inch) and a 70-300 (6inch long) + a SB600 (bend) + 1 CPL, 2 set of AA batt for flash + 1 spare cam batt + 1 flexible DIY bounce card + 1 omni bounce diffuser + 1 cable release + 1 blower

but now using it to carry my D700 + 24-70 (6 inch and very broad as hood is very big, filter size 77mm) and the rest is the same as what i carry for my D80 setup (D80 +17-50 tamron)

the flipside200 is very compact and easy to move around with it. depending on your lens u bring and the lens u attached to your camera this bag can fit 1 camera + attached lens (3.5inch) and 1 (6inch lens) or 2 (3.5inch lens) and 1 flash and a compact PnS (if u pack it well)

the flipside 300 is slightly broader than the 200 by abt 1-1.5 inch. you cant squeeze more lens in than what u can with the 200 but u can pack in more filter, battery, extra PnS and other small flat gears.

Last edited:
The Flipside 200 almost cannot put in a camera body with vertical grip attached. Very tight, almost cannot zip up.

if your 17-55 and tammy is abt 3-3.5 inch long u can slot them in horizontally. the flipside 200 will fit your gear nicely. for canon 450D u can even fit it in with a grip.

I am using the flipside200 to carry my D80 with or without grip + 17-50 tamron (3.3 inch) and a 70-300 (6inch long) + a SB600 (bend) + 1 CPL, 2 set of AA batt for flash + 1 spare cam batt + 1 flexible DIY bounce card + 1 omni bounce diffuser + 1 cable release + 1 blower

but now using it to carry my D700 + 24-70 (6 inch and very broad as hood is very big, filter size 77mm) and the rest is the same as what i carry for my D80 setup (D80 +17-50 tamron)

the flipside200 is very compact and easy to move around with it. depending on your lens u bring and the lens u attached to your camera this bag can fit 1 camera + attached lens (3.5inch) and 1 (6inch lens) or 2 (3.5inch lens) and 1 flash and a compact PnS (if u pack it well)

the flipside 300 is slightly broader than the 200 by abt 1-1.5 inch. you cant squeeze more lens in than what u can with the 200 but u can pack in more filter, battery, extra PnS and other small flat gears.

hmm...the problem is that the 17-55 and tammy are both 5.5inch long at 77mm abd 72mm respectively and it seems that only the 300 is able to fit them horizontally unless there are other ways to reposition the pads in order to fit both lens (one attached to camera of course) vertically. in you opinion do you think this is possible plus the other items i listed? thanks

I have 200, it's great if u want to carry a specific combo on a given day. But its pretty small. Can carry tripod but it is shorter than most 3-section tripods so the head will stick up very high. And wide. Dun walk through a crowd with a tripod on the back, u'll bang some poor lady on the head with yr ballhead.

I've yet to find a backpack that is spacious and doesn't look like a rectangular suitcase with straps haiz.

Tamrac Aero 80 for me. Same set-up as yours. carry all. even a laptop. Can put a tripod on the side with a DIY strap. water bottle on the other side if you want.

hmm...the problem is that the 17-55 and tammy are both 5.5inch long at 77mm abd 72mm respectively and it seems that only the 300 is able to fit them horizontally unless there are other ways to reposition the pads in order to fit both lens (one attached to camera of course) vertically. in you opinion do you think this is possible plus the other items i listed? thanks

If your lens dont come with very broad hood then there be no issue to pack your gears in to a 200. The packing will be compact. I post a pic of my gears packed into my 200 tonight when i get home.

you dont need to use all the pad provided,I took out 1 or 2 from my 200 as they are not needed.

the depth of the 200 and 300 is only 4.5inch, so there is no way to put your lens in with the lens facing the bag opening (horizontally), they have to be pack in vertically.

both 200 and 300 got a pouch inside which you can pack your blower, lenspen, omnibounce, charger(if its not too big, but if i got a spare batt, i hardly ever need the charger as i can get 600-1000 shots off 1 full batt and i carry 1 spare always)

Both my current lens are 6-6.5 inch long, so i dont see why a 200 cant fit your gears, unless both the hood of your 2 lens is very broad then u have to go for a 300 for sure for the extra width to fit the hood in.

If your lens dont come with very broad hood then there be no issue to pack your gears in to a 200. The packing will be compact. I post a pic of my gears packed into my 200 tonight when i get home.

you dont need to use all the pad provided,I took out 1 or 2 from my 200 as they are not needed.

the depth of the 200 and 300 is only 4.5inch, so there is no way to put your lens in with the lens facing the bag opening (horizontally), they have to be pack in vertically.

both 200 and 300 got a pouch inside which you can pack your blower, lenspen, omnibounce, charger(if its not too big, but if i got a spare batt, i hardly ever need the charger as i can get 600-1000 shots off 1 full batt and i carry 1 spare always)

Both my current lens are 6-6.5 inch long, so i dont see why a 200 cant fit your gears, unless both the hood of your 2 lens is very broad then u have to go for a 300 for sure for the extra width to fit the hood in.

hmm....the only reason why i even consider the 300 is because i saw from the website its interior depth is 5.4 inch which may just be able to squeeze in either one of my lens.....

Tamrac Aero 80 for me. Same set-up as yours. carry all. even a laptop. Can put a tripod on the side with a DIY strap. water bottle on the other side if you want.

Thanks for the suggestion. the Aero 80 is a good bag just that personally i prefer the design of the flipside as well as the opening from the "inside" :)

I have 200, it's great if u want to carry a specific combo on a given day. But its pretty small. Can carry tripod but it is shorter than most 3-section tripods so the head will stick up very high. And wide. Dun walk through a crowd with a tripod on the back, u'll bang some poor lady on the head with yr ballhead.

I've yet to find a backpack that is spacious and doesn't look like a rectangular suitcase with straps haiz.

yeah, i have this concern with the tripod as well and the 190XPRO ain't short ......:sweat:

Sorry but I have to apologize that the image is not very good as my other camera is not with me and I only got my HTC touch camera to use

IMAG0075.jpg

my normal gear pack, D700 with 24-70mm F2.8 and 70-300mm on the lower left area and the flash is cramp into the lower right just below the tip of my 24-70mm

IMAG0076.jpg

here u see the flash tuck just nicely away at the bottom of the bag

IMAG0077.jpg

can see my spare batt and the omni bounce and a lenspen, there is still space to spare for blower and AA batt

IMAG0078.jpg

there is still some space above my 70-300mm which i use to slot in a CPL and 2 pack of AA for my flash, this small space can pack in most PnS less those super zoom or prosumer range

Hey Nixon, you have been very helpful! You really MAXIMIZE the 200's space very well. Thanks for everything :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.