Lowepro CompuRover AW - what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, there is no perfect bag... if you want faster access to your gears, get those shoulder bag...

Thank you for sharing this review with us. I'm also an owner of the mentioned bag and I must say the review accurately sums up what I feel about the bag. It is highly NOT RECOMMENDED.

Like what the author has said about the laptop compartment, Thanks to the "ingenious" design and vapor-thin paddings, your laptop WILL DEFINITELY suffer LCD bleeding and scratches to it just like what happened to mine (the damage is quite bad).

The ventilation system is non-existent like what the review mentioned and to make it worse, the padding surface tends to create a lot of friction with your clothing to make your back even hotter. :(

The photo equipment compartment dual zippers are cumbersome and difficult to zip up especially when your bag is full and I even noticed that the side seams are showing signs of busting but I think it should be able to hold up for a bag that is supposed to be rugged. Let's see after a few months down the road..

The general purpose compartment is the worst. It is supported at the bottom by velcros at the sides and I always have to readjust the velcro to hold it tight because I need to put my 80-200 there (the photo compartment doesn't allow a long lens to go in due to it's height, pls note). Don't expect to put much things here.

The straps that allow you to strap on a tripod or other equipments work fine BUT is quite troublesome and takes a while to set up.

Lastly with all that said, do you think it is possible to put at least a 1 litre bottle of water in the bag like what most prospective buyer would like? I THOUGHT so but it ISN'T so.

Usable bag but it stops there. I should have bitten the bullet and get the Crumpler range

Actually was thinking of getting this backpack, due to it's look and also the specs but after seeing the real life review, seems like I need to go check out others backpack, haiz...

Guys, any other recommandation other than CompuRover AW.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Check online about those too. Looks not bad, was need some real life review or see them in real how it looks like.
But now actually like the Kata backpack series more but seems like harder to check out kata in sg.

i've seen this bag and considering as well but after talking to my friend who has it. he actually told me that heavy weight in this bag would be a major disadventage. would hurt your shoulder and back badly. hmmm i'm going for tamrac adventure 5549. similar build. worth consideration.

i'm using this now. not the prettiest bag nor best designed ard. but, short of getting the way-too expensive crumpler's bags, this is the only laptop backpack i found dat can take a 70-200 kind of lens.

And i can say it can take extreme weight, tested 18kg load with it when i was in Sydney last time.
sh_surprise.gif

12kg load for me. Coz I fly pretty often. And I have no inclination whatsoever to let my camera gear and laptop go into check-in.

I would prefer a shoulder-sling stealth reporter (maybe 400 or larger) for shoots though, if we're talking about lowepro. I find the slingshot 200aw a little too small, and a little uncomfortable, so i hardly bring that out anymore.

Crumpler bags are nice. 7mil home can squeeze in what you need for a wedding :) 2x body, 1x batt grip, 2x speedlight, 17-55/2.8, 85/1.4, extra batts, CF cards, etc.

what's Tamrac equivalent to Lowepro Compurover?

And how much does it cost?

Review?

Thanks

Being looking at this backpack for months before I got it for my christmas last year. Indeed, there's no perfect bags in the world. Different bags, different uses.

Despite the size and weight, it does prove it's usefulness to me.
Have all the neccessary equipment in just one backpack. Ready to go any event. =D

I used to carry a few bags for my equipment. Now I just need to carry one. And i'm still quite comfortable with the weight...

Just my 2 cents worths.

adventure 7. cost >$200. and it's not even close to wat compurover can carry.

sori for dig out this..5549 adventure 9 is around $170-180 brand new from shop. A7 is even lower..

Thanks for the review, saved many innocent $$.

I quite like the look of the Tamrac Adventure 9. Especially the access to the camera compartment, instead of flipping the whole bag over, you just open the flap in front.

Does the Crumpler equilvalent to the CompuRover have a ventilation system?

Status
Not open for further replies.