Lowepro Camera Straps. Looks COOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get OpTech camera straps la... they're very comfortable...

or try Matin straps. also made of neoprene and is clip detachable. got mine at ~$25

I have a Voyager C which I imported through Amazon.com. Felt very comfortable on with my D200 body with VG and lens. And it has a pouch on the strap to place 2 CF cards. Local distributor don't bring them in. It cost me total around S$42 to get it.

I have used the Lowepro straps. They are pretty good.

Currently fitted my cameras with "Speedster".

Thin enough not to get in the way, non Neoprene so it would not smell like my shoes after a road march, and enough grip so that it would not slip off my shoulder. And when used with 2-3 cameras, it is thin enough to stack on your shoulders and comfortable. One of the best designs out there. Better than the competition... only wished that the Speedster has the clips flipped so that I can use a "shortie strap" when coupled the other way without the long strap and used as a "short strap". This is where the Optech shines.

Another company that makes awesome straps is Kata. Check out their straps here. Very good too... my next change when the Lowepro wears out (in about 9-12 months). They have very good third party shoulder bag straps too... Much better than Lowepro ones. I used this to replace my Lowerpro Stealth 650 heavy bag with 2-3 bodies, and 6 lens, plus a laptop and all the chargers. You can imagine the weight. The Gecko really relieve the strain...

Cathay does not bring in Lowepro camera straps but I got mine from Bangkok. I bought the Transporter early 2007 in MBK and recently the Voyager C in December during the Bangkok Photofair.

The Voyager C cost me only 500 baht (about S$22) during the Photofair, which is a promotion price during the fair.

If you have a friend going to Bangkok you can ask him or her to buy one for you in a shop in MBK called FotoThailand.

I'm using an older version of Lowepro strap. Everything is good except the two rings (go around the camera eyelet), which look cheap and clumsy. I modified mine and not using the rings since day one.

Did anyone mention that the neoprene material is slightly stretchable, making it very comfortable to use :thumbsup:

I'm using an older version of Lowepro strap. Everything is good except the two rings (go around the camera eyelet), which look cheap and clumsy. I modified mine and not using the rings since day one.

Did anyone mention that the neoprene material is slightly stretchable, making it very comfortable to use :thumbsup:

Actually the neoprene material seems to reduce the strain on the neck.

If you have a friend going to Bangkok you can ask him or her to buy one for you in a shop in MBK called FotoThailand.

what floor is it on at MBK, if you can remember? I'll be heading there on the 8th and may want to get some stuff for myself. :)

what floor is it on at MBK, if you can remember? I'll be heading there on the 8th and may want to get some stuff for myself. :)

The camera shop is on the 3rd floor of MBK. If you think MBK as a rectangle, the shop is closer to the end where Tokyu dept store is located, which means closer to the Skytrain.

The shop is pro-Canon. Another new shop that just opened in MBK which is pro-Canon is located on the floor above the floor which have furniture shop. I think it is called FotoFile. I went to both shops to look for the Canon 40D focusing screen but did not keep it in stock.

If you are a Nikon user, there is another camera shop on the higher floor (can't remember the floor) but on the other end of the rectangle described above. That shop sells mainly Nikon stuff.

Here's a link that might be useful to you.

http://www.fotofile.net/contact.php

If you can, pay with cash. You might get a discount. I paid for my Lowepro Transporter camera strap with cash and the sales guy gave me a 10% discount. If you are buying expensive stuff, remember to fill in your VAT refund form.

i am using kata's reflex c ...very soft

I think I have a Voyager C I may want to let go...

Sorry, I have a Lowepro Transporter camera strap, not the Voyager C, sorry for the mistake...

Status
Not open for further replies.